“Would def stay again”

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Vallejo
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Would def stay again”
Reviewed 1 March 2011

We were travelling to San Francisco and stopped here for the night. It was clean and the room was large. We would have happily stayed additional nights if we hadn't booked our accom in San Fran. You have to pay $2.99 for the internet though but that was our only issue.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MariaJM1980
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 September 2009

When we checked in it was late so the regular lobby was closed. The woman who checked us in was rude, very curt, and clearly did not want me there. She seemed to get angry with me for not knowing what she wanted before she told me and for giving her too much information. She became upset and frustrated when I provided a printout of the confirmation e-mail instead of my ID even though she hadn't asked for ID. She seemed very put out by the fact that I couldn't read her mind. The rest of the check in process consisted of her snapping orders at me. We didn't bother asking for information or a second room key because we just didn't want the confrontation she was so off-putting. Not once did she say "please" and the only "thank you" I got was at the end when she made it very clear she was happy she wouldn't have to deal with me anymore, so proper manners would have been better.

That said, the person who helped us check out was very polite.

The pool was small but clean and cool which is ideal for warmer weather but not so great at the end of the day.

It's somewhat within walking distance to the Six Flags if you're feeling adventurous. There's a McDonald's across the highway but no direct pedestrian access so you'll still want to drive to it.

They have someone patrolling the parking lot at night which is reassuring.

The room itself is your standard Motel 6 offering, clean and perhaps a bit more spacious than usual.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cow_manx
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 30 December 2008

After reading the reviews I was a bit worried. But, this motel 6 was very good. At least my room was clean, no odors, no bugs. My room had a fresh coat of paint on all the walls.

There was a bit of road noise from Redwood st, but once I had the heater on, did not hear anything all night. The heater worked well and fast - kept the exact temperature I set.

The pool looked clean and well-kept, but Dec is too cold for using.

I would recommend staying here...get your standard Motel 6 experience. Nothing fancy, but clean and a great price.

• Liked — Clean
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank RLCD
Washington
Reviewed 9 May 2008

Nice accomodations from the outside. The grounds looked nice and well kept. Noticed gnats outside our room flying around. When checking in we were told that the requested accommodation we reserved was not available. They upgraded us to a suite. I never knew Motel 6 had suites. It was two separate rooms which was nice. My husband felt it was a bit small compared to regular Motel 6 accomodations. After bringing up all our luggage up the slow elevator we settled in. Found out we had to get a WiFi card from the office for $2.99. Oh well.
The room was clean and neat except the next day found some cigarette burns on my bedspread and some blood spots that did not seem to have been washed out. Late at night found the parking very limited and had to park far away from our room area. Also got two calls during the middle of the night with a mans heavy breathing, no talking. Not sure if it was from within the hotel or not. Had to take the phone off the hook.
The next day when checking out we were told (by a maid) that the elevator did not work. We had to lug about 10 pieces of luggage down the stairs where our vehicle was parked far away. Found out later, after all the hassle of carry luggage down, that we left a bag of clothes at the motel. Later on the road called the hotel and was told to call back in the morning and talk to the manager. Called back three more times and left messages each time before " I" was able to reach him. They were accomodating in stating they would send my bag to me, COD as we live in another state. I hope it gets here.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pt. Charlotte, FL
Reviewed 28 July 2007

You get what you pay for - all rooms appear recently renovated (part of the new Motel6 strategy) so it's hard to go wrong given the lowest pricing around. However, prepare for incompetent service, bad/low wi-fi connection to internet, sub-par bedding, noisy freeway and unsavory clientelle.

Stayed July 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vallejo
0.3 km away
Regency Inn
#8 of 18 in Vallejo
6.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon

Been to Motel 6 Vallejo? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK