“Only had one smoking room left when we checked in...”
Review of Motel 6 Vallejo

Motel 6 Vallejo
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Vallejo
La Mesa
“Only had one smoking room left when we checked in...”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We booked a room here for three nights on priceline. After an eleven hour trip up from southern california with two small children, we tried to check in and were told that they only had one room and it was a smoking room, and also that the price on our reservation from priceline was wrong. It was late in the evening, and we were exhausted after our long trip so my husband decided to check out the room to see if it was bearable. After eleven hours in the car with the kids, I was willing to stay nearly anywhere. He checked it out and found not only did it reek of cigarette smoke but there was a couple arguing quite loudly next door. My expectations weren't very high. I know that motel six is a budget hotel. But they need to honor their reservation. In no place did it say "smoking room" on our reservation. They also need to honor the prices if they are going to participate with the third party reservation groups like priceline. We ended up not staying here. Luckily we found a decent hotel down the road for a decent price. I wouldn't bother with this motel. It's not worth the hassle. The Howard Johnson up the road is a much better choice. The only upside is that they let us cancel the reservation without charging us.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Carson City, Nevada
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I was pleasantly surprised with this Motel 6. All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and had good air conditioning. Probably would have had a great nights sleep if it wasn't for the idiot neighbors (loud) who seem to be in almost any motel/hotel. They offer free coffee in the morning and have a small laundry room, which came in handy to dry some clothes. I love that they are pet friendly and don't even charge for pets to stay in the room. The location is terrific, especially if you're going to Six Flags. We actually walked to the park but only to save in the parking fees. Next time I will pay the fee, however. There is also a Denny's and Chinese Restaurant right next door. My only complaint was that the pool shut down the very day we were going to use it and it never did open back up. It became cloudy for some reason and we were told it just needed to be cleaned so why it took 2 days to clean, I'll never know. If we ever go back to Vallejo, this is where we'll stay.

Room Tip: I always get the top floor, away from pool and elevators.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dogs4dusty
Reviewed 23 July 2011

This was my first time at a motel 6. It was nice. Great location, a 15 min walk to DK. 30 min drive to napa wine country. Room was clean. No hair dryer, wife was upset about that, and bring your shampoo. They dont supply that. What I did like was that the fro t desk called our room about 30 min after we checked in to ask if we were ok and if we needed anything. I ask for two more towels, they were delivered 10 min later. Then they called again to confirm we got our towels. Great staff, location. Would stay again!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank jmo02
Saskatoon,SK Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,117 helpful votes
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Stayed here one night end of june. Paid $69.99 for one nite in their suite (adjoining room of which there are only 3 available). Let me begin by stating that we went to the wrong motel 6 as theres another one 2 miles away that is on the back interstate side of 6 Flags Discovery Kingdom. I thanked my lucky stars that I didnt make reservations at that one. This Motel 6 is one million times better. The other one is in a VERY SEEDY AREA surronded by truckers and hookers.

This motel 6 is about 1/4 mile up a hill road overlooking Discovery kingdom. The road is like a drag strip at night and we could hear cars racing by with loud rap music several times. The rooms were clea but a bit humid. It still suited our purpose. There were the usual Motel 6 lumpy mattresses and chips, dings in fixtures and cigarette burns even though this place was to be no smoking. I guess POT doesnt apply because our neighbors were smoking it for about 4 hours straight. This hotel had an eclectic assortment of colorful characters staying here, but I never felt unsafe. If I were a 120lb female alone it would be a different story.

The smoke detector went off shortly after we checked in at 8pm. Called to get it changed...no maintenance man on at night. He did show up at about 9am. The shower head was low. The linnens were rough and scratchy. When I tried to get an extra set of linnen after we checked in, nope sorry were all out. All out of linnen??? WTF??

The office locked down in their bullet proof enclave at 10 pm and they had a private security guard on from that time. Never got to use the pool (kids were tired) TVs were the old tube style 19'.

This place was a bit under what I expected after staying in lots of Motel 6 locations, but it suited the purpose and was close to Discover Kingdom which was the plan. If you are fussy, pay the extra $40 and stay somewhere else. If you can take care of yourself and are a savy street wise traveller looking to save a buck, roll the dice on this place. Oh ya $2.99/day internet charge. Pooey!

Room Tip: ONLY 3 adjoining room suites for $10 upfrade. It was worth it
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Saskheat
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 June 2011

A recent visit to this hotel found myself surprised. The room was very clean, economy minded furnishings that were basic in nature. Everything was well kept better than some of the other major chains. Front Desk Check In and Out was quick and easy. The property was well kept. Walking Distance (less than 10 minutes) to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.

Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vallejo
0.3 km away
Regency Inn
#8 of 18 in Vallejo
5.5 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Been to Motel 6 Vallejo? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK