Stayed here one night end of june. Paid $69.99 for one nite in their suite (adjoining room of which there are only 3 available). Let me begin by stating that we went to the wrong motel 6 as theres another one 2 miles away that is on the back interstate side of 6 Flags Discovery Kingdom. I thanked my lucky stars that I didnt make reservations at that one. This Motel 6 is one million times better. The other one is in a VERY SEEDY AREA surronded by truckers and hookers.
This motel 6 is about 1/4 mile up a hill road overlooking Discovery kingdom. The road is like a drag strip at night and we could hear cars racing by with loud rap music several times. The rooms were clea but a bit humid. It still suited our purpose. There were the usual Motel 6 lumpy mattresses and chips, dings in fixtures and cigarette burns even though this place was to be no smoking. I guess POT doesnt apply because our neighbors were smoking it for about 4 hours straight. This hotel had an eclectic assortment of colorful characters staying here, but I never felt unsafe. If I were a 120lb female alone it would be a different story.
The smoke detector went off shortly after we checked in at 8pm. Called to get it changed...no maintenance man on at night. He did show up at about 9am. The shower head was low. The linnens were rough and scratchy. When I tried to get an extra set of linnen after we checked in, nope sorry were all out. All out of linnen??? WTF??
The office locked down in their bullet proof enclave at 10 pm and they had a private security guard on from that time. Never got to use the pool (kids were tired) TVs were the old tube style 19'.
This place was a bit under what I expected after staying in lots of Motel 6 locations, but it suited the purpose and was close to Discover Kingdom which was the plan. If you are fussy, pay the extra $40 and stay somewhere else. If you can take care of yourself and are a savy street wise traveller looking to save a buck, roll the dice on this place. Oh ya $2.99/day internet charge. Pooey!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Motel 6 Vallejo - Maritime North CA is located near area restaurants and shopping. Joe Mortara Golf Course is within 4 miles and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is 6 miles. Wi-Fi is available in all modern rooms for a fee. Outdoor pool is closed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Motel 6 Vallejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel 6 Vallejo - Six Flags East Hotel Vallejo
- Motel 6 Vallejo - 6 Flags East
- Vallejo Motel 6
- Vallejo Motel Six
- Motel Six Vallejo