“Basic Motel 6...barely”
Review of Motel 6 Vallejo

Motel 6 Vallejo
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Vallejo
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Stayed here one night end of june. Paid $69.99 for one nite in their suite (adjoining room of which there are only 3 available). Let me begin by stating that we went to the wrong motel 6 as theres another one 2 miles away that is on the back interstate side of 6 Flags Discovery Kingdom. I thanked my lucky stars that I didnt make reservations at that one. This Motel 6 is one million times better. The other one is in a VERY SEEDY AREA surronded by truckers and hookers.

This motel 6 is about 1/4 mile up a hill road overlooking Discovery kingdom. The road is like a drag strip at night and we could hear cars racing by with loud rap music several times. The rooms were clea but a bit humid. It still suited our purpose. There were the usual Motel 6 lumpy mattresses and chips, dings in fixtures and cigarette burns even though this place was to be no smoking. I guess POT doesnt apply because our neighbors were smoking it for about 4 hours straight. This hotel had an eclectic assortment of colorful characters staying here, but I never felt unsafe. If I were a 120lb female alone it would be a different story.

The smoke detector went off shortly after we checked in at 8pm. Called to get it changed...no maintenance man on at night. He did show up at about 9am. The shower head was low. The linnens were rough and scratchy. When I tried to get an extra set of linnen after we checked in, nope sorry were all out. All out of linnen??? WTF??

The office locked down in their bullet proof enclave at 10 pm and they had a private security guard on from that time. Never got to use the pool (kids were tired) TVs were the old tube style 19'.

This place was a bit under what I expected after staying in lots of Motel 6 locations, but it suited the purpose and was close to Discover Kingdom which was the plan. If you are fussy, pay the extra $40 and stay somewhere else. If you can take care of yourself and are a savy street wise traveller looking to save a buck, roll the dice on this place. Oh ya $2.99/day internet charge. Pooey!

Room Tip: ONLY 3 adjoining room suites for $10 upfrade. It was worth it
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Saskheat
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Vallejo

Reviewed 26 June 2011

A recent visit to this hotel found myself surprised. The room was very clean, economy minded furnishings that were basic in nature. Everything was well kept better than some of the other major chains. Front Desk Check In and Out was quick and easy. The property was well kept. Walking Distance (less than 10 minutes) to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 March 2011

We were travelling to San Francisco and stopped here for the night. It was clean and the room was large. We would have happily stayed additional nights if we hadn't booked our accom in San Fran. You have to pay $2.99 for the internet though but that was our only issue.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MariaJM1980
Reviewed 29 September 2009

When we checked in it was late so the regular lobby was closed. The woman who checked us in was rude, very curt, and clearly did not want me there. She seemed to get angry with me for not knowing what she wanted before she told me and for giving her too much information. She became upset and frustrated when I provided a printout of the confirmation e-mail instead of my ID even though she hadn't asked for ID. She seemed very put out by the fact that I couldn't read her mind. The rest of the check in process consisted of her snapping orders at me. We didn't bother asking for information or a second room key because we just didn't want the confrontation she was so off-putting. Not once did she say "please" and the only "thank you" I got was at the end when she made it very clear she was happy she wouldn't have to deal with me anymore, so proper manners would have been better.

That said, the person who helped us check out was very polite.

The pool was small but clean and cool which is ideal for warmer weather but not so great at the end of the day.

It's somewhat within walking distance to the Six Flags if you're feeling adventurous. There's a McDonald's across the highway but no direct pedestrian access so you'll still want to drive to it.

They have someone patrolling the parking lot at night which is reassuring.

The room itself is your standard Motel 6 offering, clean and perhaps a bit more spacious than usual.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cow_manx
Reviewed 30 December 2008

After reading the reviews I was a bit worried. But, this motel 6 was very good. At least my room was clean, no odors, no bugs. My room had a fresh coat of paint on all the walls.

There was a bit of road noise from Redwood st, but once I had the heater on, did not hear anything all night. The heater worked well and fast - kept the exact temperature I set.

The pool looked clean and well-kept, but Dec is too cold for using.

I would recommend staying here...get your standard Motel 6 experience. Nothing fancy, but clean and a great price.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family