“Disgusting and Disgusted”

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Vallejo
Redding, California
“Disgusting and Disgusted”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

This looks like an older hotel. We were excited to get an "upgraded" room. What a joke.

The carpet looked filthy and was so bad that the bottoms of my feet were black. The room was microscopic because a sofa bed was crammed in there to call the room a suite. It was claustraphobic. Imagine a bathroom with a 3-foot span to reach the T.P. No exaggration. I'm 5'2" and could barely reach. The TV had maybe 15 or 20 channels, however about 8 were programmed into the remote. Most of the chalnnels had to be puched in by number every time. We couldn't fiix the problem because the mienue was locked out, and the front desk people werer welll aware of the problem but could not or would not address it. A two-second solution was too much effort.

Breakfast consisted of stale cereal, broken hard-boiled eggs, about ten mini-danish, bread and waffles. The OJ was so watered do it was gross. They do have good coffee, though. We made due but it was a dismal affair in a dingy room with no windows.

My husband enjoyed the unheated pool. It has an 8' end, which is rara. No hot tub. The lounge chairs were absollutely filthy.

The holtel is an very easy drive to the park and that's really it's only claim to fame. I'd look around for something cleaner.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank SandiMars
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Oakland, California
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I was stay on July 15 to 16 for two days
. This hotel is very good look like new hotel or new remodeled hotel. In side room is spacious new big bathroom and new refregerator and new big microwave. carpet is very clean. I do have said thank to hotels staff or manager because of How keep cleans all over facilities in hotel keep provided to customer. I asked to hotel staff how keep clean hotel looks likes new one. Hotel staff answer is that you are right our hotel is one new buliding among two building was built on Sept. 2008 and also other room was totally remodeling on may 2010 around 30 rooms. Totally more than 50 room is very great. Continental breakfast also very impressed they have tow waffles machine. can be hot waffle make and coffee and juice and hot broile eggs and big muffins and dannis and yogurt and banna, I can' t everythings because of someone suppose to read when they trip might be stay in this hotel . I want his review might be different . All staff member
are very kind and very intelegent person that is excelent I want must be stay again when I have next trip it might be soon. also napa winery is not far from this hotel. Otherwise hotel name is Napa get way what they said. I do like to have strongly recommendaton stay this hotel.

La Mesa
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We recently went up to Vallejo to visit my husband's family. We had booked a room at the nearby Motel Six. The motel six only had a smoking room left and wouldn't honor the price on our online reservation. We called around to about six local hotels until we found a room here. The hotel was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They even knocked the price down a bit once we arrived from what they quoted us on the phone. We stayed three nights. We were gone most of the time. We did end up spending a couple of hours one afternoon in the pool. It was a nice pool and looked recently redone. The room we stayed in was at the front near the road, but it wasn't noisy. The room was nice. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had been updated recently. Our kids stayed on the pullout bed. I didn't think it was very comfortable, but it worked for the kids. The area is a little sketchy. Most of Vallejo seems to be this way. If I need to stay in Vallejo again, I would stay here. Nice place.

2 Thank MelissaofLaMesa
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We were on a road trip and booked through an online service. We were told we would get a non-smoking room, but unlike the other non-smoking rooms, ours did not have a sign on the door. It reeked of stale smoke and there were cigarette burns on the dirty, stained and frayed carpet. At least they matched the dirty, stained chairs, walls, ceilings and bed spreads. The wallpaper was pulling away from the wall and there were holes where pictures had hung previously. Our room didn't even have an alarm clock. We had two towels and washcloths for four people. We asked for more and they told us they would have more in the morning. We went down in the morning. Nope. They said they would send them up when ready, but that never happened. The hotel doesn't feel safe in any way. The bathroom had a sliding window in the shower that opened wide enough for a person to fit though. The room was disgusting. Something red and gooey was on the bathroom wall. It was the worst hotel I've ever spent the night in. At the free breakfast (waffles, bread for toast, day old danishes, cereal in a big bowl with a plastic spoon for serving, juice, milk with a hair in it, and four tea bags) I asked another lady about the towels and she said they only had two for the three people in their room and couldn't get more either. The woman who was preparing breakfast had what might have been our clock radio perched on the edge of her chair playing a Spanish radio station with static. The pictures on the website don't look like the place we stayed. I was shocked when I saw how great it looks on their site. Not sure where those rooms are, but I wish we'd had one of those. Also, poor internet connection. I will say the bed was comfortable. Pool was okay, but cold. Would not stay there again.

1 Thank tellwill38
danieljkang10, Owner at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Vallejo/Near Discovery Kingdom, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Hello, thank you for your review with us, it helps me figure out where we need to put more attention. We try our best to make sure each guest has a good stay with us, so it is very sad to hear when someone has a bad experience.

Our hotel constantly goes thru renovations every year, whether it is new bathroom fixtures, new wallpaper, new carpet, new furnature etc. Im sorry if you felt that your room was in poor condition, however we do our best to make sure each room is to standard, if not better. Also during busy times, which we are in right now, room maintenance gets harder to keep on a regular, so I apolgize for that. I assure you though, it does not remain unnoticed as we do our best to maintain quality rooms every day.

Again I apologize for the bad experience you had with us. Your opinion is important to me as it will assist us in giving the best customer service with each and every guest.
Reviewed 13 July 2011

My husband, two boys and I have stayed at the majority of the hotels around the six flags area and this one is by FAR the worst! The room and bathroom were disgusting. The window in the bathroom was so flimsy it was about to fall out and there were bugs all over. The continental breakfast was a joke. All of the drinks were uncovered and the selection of things to eat was non existent and THEY REUSED THE PLATES!!! I literally picked up two of the plates from the counter and they had water on them from being washed and cut marks from the last person cutting up their food!!! Never again will we be going there .... And if you are want a good experience neither will you

• Stayed July 2011