“Stay somewhere else.”

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Vallejo
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“Stay somewhere else.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

I booked the night with credit card reward points so I saved a few points by choosing Ramada over Holiday Inn. What a mistake! Even my teenage boys said so and they're not usually the fussy type. They though the room was worn-out and grimey. I couldn't walk around on the carpet barefoot.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

We reserved a room pulled up seen a "crowd" of people hanging out on balcony. OUR ROOM BED SHEETS HAD NOT BEEN CHANGED! floor/carpet made my nine year old say this is bad! We like the Marriot but it was booked :-( it's dirty just dirty everywhere you look. Chairs are stained. You don't want to touch anything. I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW TO NOT STAY HERE NO MATTER WHAT. yes, a car Is better then here! April Marie Wright Medford Oregon. I'm glad were going to six flags at least!

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank 28april
CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

Ramada Vallejo was a big disappointment. I didn't actually choose it (after reading the reviews I was hoping against hope to be somewhere else), I "named my own price" on Priceline. The only redeeming things about the experience was the hotel's great location (close to freeway, Six Flags, lots of shops and restaurants) and the absolutely delicious continental breakfast, which included guest made Belgian waffles, choice of juice, milk, coffee, cereals, bread items, donuts, and fresh fruit.
First off, the woman who checked me in was one of the rudest people I have ever met. She acted like she ruled the world and I was one of the "little people". She took my credit card without explaining what she was doing, and then brushed me off when I asked her about it. She told me that my card would not be charged, it was simply an authorization for a deposit. When I asked her the amount, she acted like that was the stupidest question in the world and briefly flashed the receipt for a $50 charge in front of me. I was assigned a second floor corner room, a room with no coffee maker and no baseboards. The awfully ugly wallpaper made the room look like the inside of a trailer. It would have been bad even if it had been finished properly, but it looked like someone had ripped off the baseboards, because the wallpaper was destroyed at the bottom of the wall. The floor was not even, and due to the flimsy feel of it, I was actually worried that I would fall through the floor into the room beneath me. The headboards in adjacent rooms must be placed in the same spot on either side because I could feel and hear what was going on on the other side on my side of the wall at 1 AM- need I say more.
In the morning I called the front desk to request a coffee maker since evidently the one there before me had been stolen (I don't blame the guest for trying to get their money's worth). A replacement was sent up in the next ten minutes. I called a few minutes later to request wireless internet connection information so that I could work on job reports. After about an hour on the web, the connection quit working, and my computer was being blocked from connecting. I called the front desk again and was told they would look into it and I was put on hold for over ten minutes with no checking back with me or explanation. I had to call back twice and then was connected to the manager who saw which room I was in and asked if I would like to be transferred to a different room. I declined since I was supposed to leave in about an hour. He then said "Full disclosure, your room is the farthest from the hotel internet router and therefore the internet doesn't always work there. It looks like we put you in the wrong room. You're welcome to come to the hotel lobby and work there." What he didn't get was that my computer was picking up the signal, but I was being blocked from being able to connect to it (never happened to me before). I gave up and took my bags down to the car, when I came back to the room to get my computer, my room key card didn't work (at 10AM way before checkout time. I was tired and frustrated and went to the front desk. There I faced the manager and another woman who was also rude and stared at me like I had shot her puppy. I explained my frustration and that all I wanted to do was get my computer and leave. I requested a comment card, not realizing I was speaking with the manager. He asked me "Is that for a good comment or bad comment?" When I told him bad, he suddenly "remembered" that they were "out" of comment cards. I told him of the horrible experience I had checking in the night before and he told me, "Oh, I know her, you must have misunderstood, there must have been a miscommunication." I left the lobby, retrieved my computer bag and thought the nightmare was over. Then, 4 days later, the $50 "not going to be charged" on my credit card went through to my bank. I am going to have to dispute it through the bank and have it removed. There is no way I will let this hellhole take any more of my money (btw, I controlled myself and didn't steal anything from the room). The breakfast was great, but not worth an extra $50.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank camproses
Oroville, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

I have never stayed in any place like this, and I am not fussy!!!
The AC unit was making such a racket it was unreal, the wireless internet was a complete joke, and they were kind enough to leave me coffee, cups, etc but no coffee maker. Do your self a favor and look for something better.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank bdeditch
Bonnyville, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2010

Ok, first off, I'll list the good - It's cheap and the front desk people appear helpful. Housekeeping didn't steal.

Bad - When it rained, I could hear water dripping from the roof onto the ceiling. Called front desk to tell them. Said they would send someone later.
- If you don't like being scalded, don't shower here. Either have a cold shower or be prepared for huge temperature swings. Also, water was out for periods of time, without any warning and hot water out for times as well.
- Internet didn't work when I got here. Called front desk to ask about it, said they didn't know. Asked for them to find out and let me know. Never heard anything.
- Bed is terrible
-Toilet takes 2 flushes
-Hot tub is a tepid bath and pool and hot tub are both absolutely gross with various floaties and dirt in the bottom.
- Window doesn't open, so it gets gross;y muggy in the room.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Bonnyviller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vallejo
1.6 km away
Regency Inn
#8 of 18 in Vallejo
5.1 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Been to Ramada Vallejo Near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK