Ramada Vallejo Near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Vallejo
San Jose, California
“Great Find!”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

All the hotels in napa were sold out by the time we decided to plan our trip for this weekend so I reserved a room at Ramada. We checked in around 8:45pm. The pool was too cold to jump in at that time and the jacuzzi was packed. So bf and I ended up chillin in the room. The actual room was great...you definitely get your money s worth. The bathroom was really clean and we had a brand new shower head. The bed was super comfy. The ac wasn t very loud, so I was able to get a good night s rest. The continental breakfast was delicious. The waffles are my fav. This inn is about 15 miles/30 mins from downtown napa. This is a great place if you want to go wine tasting and have a nearby place to crash.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Britney M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Ramada Inn Vallejo is so crooked with their fees and holding money on your card. My son is working for three days in Concord, and this hotel has $423.84 tied up on my debit card and my son's debit card from when he checked in for a $50 room x 3 nights. Because I booked directly with the hotel website instead of hotels.com, they immediately held the full funds for the room. Then, when my son arrived, they AGAIN held the entire amount PLUS extra fees of $100 that they did not disclose. I called them immediately to let them know we had been double charged, and she said no because his new charges were not showing up on her end. Well they are sure showing up now. They have pulled the money out of his debit card and that is all he has to live on for the next 3 days. I called to find out why they have double money tied up from both our debit cards for a $50 room and he said there is nothing they can do about it until my son checks out and these charges start clearing the bank. I told him this is my son's gas money and he has to live and buy food on this money they held and reminded the hotel I already paid for everything on my card and I was looking right at my account online and they had already taken the money out of my account. He said it did not matter because they get a new card at check in, and then charged the full thing all over again, plus a bunch of additional fees upfront that they don't clear until after the person checks out. They did not disclose the extra fees which they already took out. That is ridiculous. I am so angry. We had already taken a chance on this hotel because my son has allergies and they said many pets stay here because it is close to dog shows and they would try to get him a room that didn't have too many pet residue allergins. This thing with them taking all the money out is so dishonest and their excuse for not fixing it is terrible. I will be disputing these charges next week with my bank.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Carson City
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We have stayed at the Ramada Inn several time over the last couple of years but after our recent experience we will never stay there again!! We got 2 rooms. The one my husband and I stayed in has apparent water damage on the ceiling with black mold. The bed mattress angled to one side and we kept feeling like we were falling off. Light bulbs were missing and when I called down to get a blow dryer because there was none in the room I was told house keeping came in at 9:30 . . . it was 8:00 and I just got out of the shower. 1 1/2 hr wait! Thank God we had another room we could go to for a blow dryer.
The room our daughters and friends stayed in was also bad. Mattress on hide-a-bed was so thin you could feel the metal supports. They actually put it on the ground to sleep. The blanket was ripped with a huge hole in it. The bathroom was covered in glitter from a previous guest that had not been cleaned properly.
The free breakfast which in the past had been ok in past was bad. They have the waffle maker which we all have enjoyed. Well they watered down the syrup so much that it actually went bad and soured. When we took our first bites all of us spit them out in fear! They were horrible.
Although they gave us a small discount on the price of the rooms when we checked out it still did not make up for the horrible accomidations and lack of sleep. It we would have gotten into our rooms early (we actualy did not get to room until 12:00 at night because of Fright Fest at Six Flags) we have found other accomidations immediately.
They are obviously rapidly going down hill . . . so avoid staying at this location!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Arriving at the hotel after 9+hours of driving we got to the room, it was dirt, carpets, bedspreads. Also there was no way to lock the safe. We were eventully moved another move (Family unit) without being charged extra. Carpets have not been cleaned in a very long time, the sofa bed was awful and I believe they hadn't changed the bedding from the previous group. The garbage cans around the property were overflowing with garbage, the pool area was dirty, cigerette butts everywhere.

The front desk were very helpful and great to work with (not their fault it is a piece of property that needs work done). The breakfast was nice, fruit, cereal, hot waffles, jucie and coffee. The lady working in the breakfast area was a real charming and happy person.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed 14 June 2011

My mistake for not checking Trip Advisor prior to booking the hotel. I just wanted a cheap hotel in what I thought was essentially wine country. Not quite. There are no wineries in this area, even though it doesn't seem that far from Napa. Vallejo is a depressed area and it feels like lowered expectations when you get to the hotel. It's not awful, it just doesn't feel clean. There were random hairs on our bathroom floor and I just didn't feel comfortable there. For the $85 we paid, it was overpriced. If you want wine country, head north and don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jonesin_4_avacation
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vallejo
1.6 km away
Regency Inn
#8 of 18 in Vallejo
5.1 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Been to Ramada Vallejo Near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK