“Will Never Stay There Again!”

Ramada Vallejo Near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Vallejo
Carson City
“Will Never Stay There Again!”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We have stayed at the Ramada Inn several time over the last couple of years but after our recent experience we will never stay there again!! We got 2 rooms. The one my husband and I stayed in has apparent water damage on the ceiling with black mold. The bed mattress angled to one side and we kept feeling like we were falling off. Light bulbs were missing and when I called down to get a blow dryer because there was none in the room I was told house keeping came in at 9:30 . . . it was 8:00 and I just got out of the shower. 1 1/2 hr wait! Thank God we had another room we could go to for a blow dryer.
The room our daughters and friends stayed in was also bad. Mattress on hide-a-bed was so thin you could feel the metal supports. They actually put it on the ground to sleep. The blanket was ripped with a huge hole in it. The bathroom was covered in glitter from a previous guest that had not been cleaned properly.
The free breakfast which in the past had been ok in past was bad. They have the waffle maker which we all have enjoyed. Well they watered down the syrup so much that it actually went bad and soured. When we took our first bites all of us spit them out in fear! They were horrible.
Although they gave us a small discount on the price of the rooms when we checked out it still did not make up for the horrible accomidations and lack of sleep. It we would have gotten into our rooms early (we actualy did not get to room until 12:00 at night because of Fright Fest at Six Flags) we have found other accomidations immediately.
They are obviously rapidly going down hill . . . so avoid staying at this location!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Arriving at the hotel after 9+hours of driving we got to the room, it was dirt, carpets, bedspreads. Also there was no way to lock the safe. We were eventully moved another move (Family unit) without being charged extra. Carpets have not been cleaned in a very long time, the sofa bed was awful and I believe they hadn't changed the bedding from the previous group. The garbage cans around the property were overflowing with garbage, the pool area was dirty, cigerette butts everywhere.

The front desk were very helpful and great to work with (not their fault it is a piece of property that needs work done). The breakfast was nice, fruit, cereal, hot waffles, jucie and coffee. The lady working in the breakfast area was a real charming and happy person.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed 14 June 2011

My mistake for not checking Trip Advisor prior to booking the hotel. I just wanted a cheap hotel in what I thought was essentially wine country. Not quite. There are no wineries in this area, even though it doesn't seem that far from Napa. Vallejo is a depressed area and it feels like lowered expectations when you get to the hotel. It's not awful, it just doesn't feel clean. There were random hairs on our bathroom floor and I just didn't feel comfortable there. For the $85 we paid, it was overpriced. If you want wine country, head north and don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jonesin_4_avacation
Gardnerville, Nevada
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Don't waste your time or money on this hotel. The biggest issue was their shower. The water cycled every 5 seconds from ice cold, to luke warm, to blazing hot. I thought it was just our room, but the other 80 people who we traveled with had the same problem. You could absolutely not take a shower without jumping in and out of the temperature changes. No hair dryer in our room, so I called for one. The dryer they brought me sparked and shorted out as soon as I turned it on. The next one they brought smelled like burnt hair. The Lyon's Restaurant that they advertise as delivering room service has been closed down. The pool was ice cold. Jacuzzi was out of order. TV buzzed. Several of us asked for a wake up call, and never received it. There are several other hotels in this area, and I am sure every single one of them is better than this one.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank GM38miller
MEDFORD OREGON
Reviewed 9 September 2010

I wish I could begin to tell you how bad it was! We got switched rooms at least two times ..why? We complained....the rooms were dirty, bleach stained carpets. Room was so bad my kids sat on the stairs out side instead of going into the room =-( burns in the sheets or they were dirty. PARENTS THIS A NO GO ....DON'T STAY HERE FOR ANY REASON YOUR KIDS WILL NOT BE HAPPY. If you value a clean room and that is not rotting from the inside out. No Joke, we ran to Marriott the next day. I almost wanted to sleep in the truck! I took photos that I plan on sending to someone high up in Ramada or maybe just the health dept. I wish I could make this review go to the top to keep traveling people safe. If you get to this review though and you have not checked in don't go. If you checked in then you are probably sitting on the stairs outside wishing you would have read this sooner.
April M Wright Medford Oregon.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank BLONDFLOWER
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vallejo
1.6 km away
Regency Inn
#8 of 18 in Vallejo
5.1 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Been to Ramada Vallejo Near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK