“Pay heed to Trip Advisor rating and stay elsewhere” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Vallejo Near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Ramada Vallejo Near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Vallejo
Kansas City, MO
“Pay heed to Trip Advisor rating and stay elsewhere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

My mistake for not checking Trip Advisor prior to booking the hotel. I just wanted a cheap hotel in what I thought was essentially wine country. Not quite. There are no wineries in this area, even though it doesn't seem that far from Napa. Vallejo is a depressed area and it feels like lowered expectations when you get to the hotel. It's not awful, it just doesn't feel clean. There were random hairs on our bathroom floor and I just didn't feel comfortable there. For the $85 we paid, it was overpriced. If you want wine country, head north and don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jonesin_4_avacation
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Gardnerville, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

Don't waste your time or money on this hotel. The biggest issue was their shower. The water cycled every 5 seconds from ice cold, to luke warm, to blazing hot. I thought it was just our room, but the other 80 people who we traveled with had the same problem. You could absolutely not take a shower without jumping in and out of the temperature changes. No hair dryer in our room, so I called for one. The dryer they brought me sparked and shorted out as soon as I turned it on. The next one they brought smelled like burnt hair. The Lyon's Restaurant that they advertise as delivering room service has been closed down. The pool was ice cold. Jacuzzi was out of order. TV buzzed. Several of us asked for a wake up call, and never received it. There are several other hotels in this area, and I am sure every single one of them is better than this one.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank GM38miller
MEDFORD OREGON
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2010

I wish I could begin to tell you how bad it was! We got switched rooms at least two times ..why? We complained....the rooms were dirty, bleach stained carpets. Room was so bad my kids sat on the stairs out side instead of going into the room =-( burns in the sheets or they were dirty. PARENTS THIS A NO GO ....DON'T STAY HERE FOR ANY REASON YOUR KIDS WILL NOT BE HAPPY. If you value a clean room and that is not rotting from the inside out. No Joke, we ran to Marriott the next day. I almost wanted to sleep in the truck! I took photos that I plan on sending to someone high up in Ramada or maybe just the health dept. I wish I could make this review go to the top to keep traveling people safe. If you get to this review though and you have not checked in don't go. If you checked in then you are probably sitting on the stairs outside wishing you would have read this sooner.
April M Wright Medford Oregon.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BLONDFLOWER
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

I booked the night with credit card reward points so I saved a few points by choosing Ramada over Holiday Inn. What a mistake! Even my teenage boys said so and they're not usually the fussy type. They though the room was worn-out and grimey. I couldn't walk around on the carpet barefoot.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

We reserved a room pulled up seen a "crowd" of people hanging out on balcony. OUR ROOM BED SHEETS HAD NOT BEEN CHANGED! floor/carpet made my nine year old say this is bad! We like the Marriot but it was booked :-( it's dirty just dirty everywhere you look. Chairs are stained. You don't want to touch anything. I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW TO NOT STAY HERE NO MATTER WHAT. yes, a car Is better then here! April Marie Wright Medford Oregon. I'm glad were going to six flags at least!

• Stayed April 2010
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 28april
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vallejo
0.5 km away
3.1 km away
Regency Inn
Regency Inn
#8 of 18 in Vallejo

Been to Ramada Vallejo Near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK