“Best Sushi experience in America.”
Review of Fuji Sushi Buffet

Fuji Sushi Buffet
Ranked #27 of 213 Restaurants in Vacaville
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

So many endless, fresh, creative choices of sushi, sashimi and other Japanese delicacies. Truly a sushi lovers paradise! I usually stay in Vacaville so I can have dinner when I arrive and lunch again the next day to taste anything I was too stuffed to experience at dinner.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Arrived on a Friday evening and wered advised the wait is 30 mins. We were a little bit worried as the restaurant closes at 9pm. Got seated at around 8:20 and we had plenty of time to have our fill! Service is fast...could even be faster than fastfood. The food was great. Hamachi Kama, soft shell crab and teriyaki chicken is included in the buffet price. Would definitely come back here if in the area again.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Fuji Sushi Buffet is an all-you-can-eat Japanese buffet which mainly served their small tapas style plates filled with you name it they have it Japanese dishes from miso soup to deluxe sushi rolls. This is all for the lowly price of 15.99 for lunch on weekdays and 17.99 for lunch on weekends. Keep in mind, the price has gone up by a dollar (at least on weekends) since the place opened earlier this year.

I knew this place gets busy fast, especially for lunch, even though I was by myself doing errands in the area, I knew I had to get a seat by 11:30am or I would be stuck waiting. Thankfully when I walked in, the place wasn't super slammed when I arrived, was greeted by the numerous staff at the counter and was quickly sat at an optimum seat on the corner right in front of the counter area where people can request their made to order dishes from the sushi making kitchen crew. Service here is a major plus, after perusing the menu, a server came by to check if I wanted anything from the appetizer and salad menu. There was so much to choose from that it was a bit overwhelming on picking what to chose. A lot of it sounded really good, but I went with the chicken gyoza and the shrimp tempuras. They both arrived at literally less than 30 seconds later and piping hot so I have to give Fuji Sushi Buffet credit from promptness if not necessarily making all of their dishes cooked to order.

From there it was on to the sushi conveyor belt, which is clearly a smarter more efficient take on the old sushi boat water stream that was once and still is so common in many a sushi boat restaurant. There were a lot of choices to pick from from spicy salmon roll to rainbow roll to unagi, that the dishes that I picked tasted nicely enough with plenty of that extra sauce squeezed on for good measure. What's unique, some would consider odd, that if you don't see anything you like, you just ask one of the six people behind the conveyor belt in the kitchen staff to make you something off the menu, like a lion kind roll or a individual hand roll. Again, lots of choices to pick from, but I decided to go with with a lion king roll and the sashimi combination platter. The lion king roll was solid like other lion king rolls I've had in the past. The real hit was the sashimi platter with its abundance of fresh fish from salmon to tuna, (well somewhat, some of the tuna tasted a wee bit old) but I did think the octopus was a little too chewy and the raw mackerel was too salty to be edible. There was a lot to eat I go the large size, which was probably a mistake, a small is more than enough to fill your palate if you're on your own.

There was a ton of a variety of food provided for your 17.99 meal price tag at Fuji Sushi Buffet. I'm so glad I got a chance to try this place out. The only thing I didn't care for was the borderline cafeteria vibe that was going on with all of the customers who sit at the table areas approaching the counter and main conveyor belt where people can order and grab food. Credit must be given to the staff for making sure their customers needs are met with a pleasant "Everything Okay Boss?" coming from who seemed to be the head sushi chef.

Fuji is loud and busy and not for those looking for an intimate meal. All I know now is that you have to have a sushi eating game plan when you arrive in order to make sure you get as much as you can out of your $19.99 lunchtime meal plan. (The price continues to climb by the way) Because there's so much to chose from at Fuji, the goal is to not feel kind of gross once you leave because you've eaten too much! And that my friends can be a very good thing.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

I was craving sushi and sine end I was shopping in the area, I decided to give this a try based on the good reviews. The food was terrible. I tried the appetizers and the sushi and the dessert hoping something would redeem itself but unfortunately that didn’t happen. Food that traditionally is hot was cool, the service was not good and clearly people come here for the all you can eat. If you like quality sushi, this place is not for you. If you just want all you can eat then perhaps you will like it here. I will never go back as there are other restaurants in the vicinity that are much better.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Stopped here for lunch and had a great meal. The place is very busy for lunch and I would imagine dinner as well. Located in the Nut Tree Plaza area, hard to miss.

Food is on a conveyor belt, you can grab what you want when you want as it is all you can eat. If you desire something special you can order from the handful of chefs working at the counter. They are very quick to provide you whatever you want. The sushi was very good, not quite the same experience as a true Sushi Restaurant in Japan but a very good place to get some authentic tastes,

Had a great time and the price was decent. Love to come here when I can, it seems never to change, always busy and always the same trustworthy food.