“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Union City
Menlo Park, California
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

The hotel is great. The facilities are modern and well maintained. The staff (especially Shuja) are very helpful and great. I'd gladly recommend!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Dear Lee,

We enjoyed having you as our guest. Shuja and our whole team work hard to care for each and every individual we get the opportunity to serve.

Thank you again for your kind words and input.

marie@lotushotels.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Indonesian first
Fresno
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

This is the 2nd time I've stayed here. I find it very clean, quiet, comfortable, accommodating and the staff is friendly. The location is great...next to plenty of restaurants and shops. After having sat in a car for 4 hours I was looking forward to a brisk walk in the adjacent area but unfortunately, it was pouring down rain. I opted to use the small gym in the lobby area. I had used it on my previous trip as well. Equipment is limited and there were already two people using 2 of the 3 cardio machines available (one treadmill was broken). Would have preferred to use the elliptical or treadmill but both were occupied. My only choice was the bike which was OK but here I was sitting again. Also, the workout room is overly warm and I recalled that from my previous experience. A continental breakfast is served in the morning which is not bad and even includes some hot food choices. I appreciated the free bottle of water and small candy bar provided in the room. What a treat to not get charged! I would definitely recommend this hotel and will use it in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear GaylaMarie,

Thank you for your input. We do try to go beyond expectations with small extras. Thank you for noticing the water and candy in the room. We also provide snacks and refreshments in weekday evening check-ins.

We are sorry that the fitness center was crowded and a bit uncomfortable when you visited. This is a popular feature with our guests and we will continue to look for ways to improve it.

Thank you again for providing your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Riverbank, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is my first holiday inn express. I cannot compare it to others. It is exceptionally clean. It smells wonderful. The staff so far is awesome. I don't usually review until the end of my stay but I am making an exception. They had snacks, wine, and coffee in the lobby when we arrived at around 5. They have bottles of water in the room they are not going to charge extra for. My daughter commented and they have her an extra bottle for her rabbit. Excellent. The pool is open until ten. It is interesting. It is surrounded by the four floors of the hotel, enclosed by those walls but no roof. So partially enclosed. It is 52 degrees outside but my kids are wet. Honestly they are mostly in the hot tub but they are thrilled. Room is not small, it is fine. If we had to add a roll away we would have to move the beds. A crib may fit with minimal effort. We are in a two queen bed. Anything I need I could walk to to do I got to have my favorite margarita without worrying about driving. We are next to the 25 screen theatre and the indoor parachuting. I can't afford it this trip but will do it next trip. Since I am leaving my family assert this hotel so I can stay with my daughter in the hospitalI I will update if things chrange and will update about breakfast. I won't personally be here for breakfast but maybe some family will.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear 209cookiemomster,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such useful information about our hotel for other guests. You not only help us as operators, but also help other travelers know what to expect.

As you noted, we do try to provide as much value as possible, with asking for more. The refreshments and extra room amenities are our pleasure and we appreciate your acknowledgment.

We hope you did in fact visit our breakfast, as we really do try to provide an exceptional variety of meats, eggs, fruit, pastries and beverages, including our signature pancakes and cinnamon rolls :)

Thank you again for all of your input and feedback. We hope to serve you again soon!

Westminster, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

My experience with the Holiday was a very nice one. The room was very clean and warm. The staff was very helpful and did everything to make my stay pleasant even tho it was a short one. Shuja Mumtza was very helpful with the computer when I had trouble also.
He made sure I was taken care and always asking if I needed anything. It is right there with so many stores and shops also right off the freeway. I would recomment it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear CarolynV,

Thank you for your uplifting and encouraging feedback. It does motivate all of us to do even better. Associates like Shuja are what make us special and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Our location with all the restaurants, shopping and theaters nearby is really wonderful. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

North Hollywood, CA.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I had stayed in 5 different hotels around Hayward - Union City, CA area in 2006 before discovering Holiday Inn Express in 2008. After my first stay, I've made it my official hotel whenever I visit the Bay Area. Good location. The staff are really friendly. Rooms are clean and I love the clean smell when I first enter the room and I always smell the linens. I guess I am a little obsessed with that. We stayed here during Thanksgiving weekend 2011. Looking forward on my next trip in March.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank bdzmaru119
Bhupen12, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement. It feels good to know our guests notice and appreciate some of the little things we try to do everyday to make their visits special.

We look forward to seeing you again next month. Travel safely!

Ann Marie Serador
#1 of 4 in Union City
0.9 km away
Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City
0.3 km away
Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St.
5.5 km away
No photo provided
9.5 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden Court Inn
8.3 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Hayward

Been to Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK