“Just like home”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Beaverton, Oregon
“Just like home”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I drove down here from Eureka, California February 9th, 2012 to scope out this town to see if I wanted to move here. This hotel is squeaky clean and very relaxing. The beds were really fancy and extremely cushy. It felt like I was sleeping on a cloud! It's too bad that I staid here only for a night. It was really fun. The staff here was really friendly and welcoming to me, which was really refreshing to see especially after arriving from getting a ticket from a CHP (wasn't feeling very cheerful). Continental breakfast was nice and simple, the coffee was fresh and very tasty (Rain Forest Certified!), and all of the utensils and plate ware were Eco-friendly. They're a certified green hotel! The owners are very kind where you can have a nice long chat with them. My only issue was that the hot tub and pool wasn't heated and it was outside. You guys are doing an amazing job. Keep it up!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Rancho Cordova, California
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I was in Ukiah on business. I guess I must have brought the flu bug from home because I got sick right after I checked in. The room was so very clean. I know this because I got up close and personal with the toilet and the bathroom floor. I was thanking the person who cleaned it because at that moment I was very grateful for their dedication. Luckily the next morning I felt better and was able to take advantage of the wonderful breakfast. Very nice selection of items to choose from. The price was economical, the staff was so very nice and I couldn't have asked for a better room.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2011

They too, are the first motel I've seen that has AV, aerovironment. A charging station for electric cars! Pretty GREEN. Great job!

• Stayed December 2011
shangrila
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Hotel seemed decent for money till if got late. About midnight it seemed like the party must of ended and many of them came home here to continue. Very loud and no intervention by hotel staff. Later the next day asked for an hour late check out and willing to pay. After 1/2 hour hotel owner sent house cleaning to ask me to leave. Would never stay here again. Spend the extra money and stay at the Best Western next door. Wish I would of!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Laytonville, California
Reviewed 7 December 2011

The folks at this Super 8 seems to have their act together! Not only do they go beyond what most motel's think of as "going green", they also have the only charging station for newer all electric cars in the area!
We recently purchased an all electric Nissan Leaf (very cool) in Santa Rosa. We've made several trips to Santa Rosa from our home in northern Mendocino county to do paperwork and have the diamond treatments done to the Leaf. On our way, we made sure we had time to stay at the Super 8 in Ukiah especially to show our support of their efforts in the green energy department. On our last stay they mentioned looking into using solar power to heat their pool, cool right?!
Yes, we noticed they have very nice, large, clean rooms. Lot's of fluffy pillows, wireless and dsl access making this a very convenient stay. The staff is friendly and helpful.
We would recommend the Ukiah Super 8 to anyone who wants to stay in Ukiah, whether or not they have an all electric vehicle! See for yourselves. : )
Thanx!