“How is he in business?”
Review of The Prospector

The Prospector
Ranked #8 of 19 Restaurants in Twain Harte
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Refused to seat us. Only allows groups of 6 or less. Had 1 kid in a stroller that put us over the limit. Restaurant was completely empty besides us. Read the reviews afterwards... I won't eat there no matter how few people I'm with.

1  Thank bartrupel

Reviewed 5 October 2016

Nicely set on a deck, situated under trees, this is a great place for an outdoor meal in Twain Harte.

We love the owner telling us what wine to order with the pizza choices we make, and the unique (or "quirky" as others reviewers have called them) expectations in the place (e.g., buying wine by the glass, no large parties, etc.).

The pizza crust and toppings are always fresh and delicious. Personally, I like my crust a tad bit crispier…but I would NEVER ask for it cooked my way. I’m afraid I’d be kicked out of the place :-)

You must visit The Prospector at least once. After that, it’s up to you to decide how much you can take!

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Absolutely agree with most reviews here. Service was zip, cleanliness, questionable. A virtually DIY experience as far as getting plates, cutlery, glasses, opening your own wine goes. We had the Pepe and the Verdure pizza - they were super tasty. It's a unique experience. There's definitely a pretence here but it's not what we all would expect from a restaurant - kinda fun if you expect a bit of attitude!

Reviewed 30 July 2016

We were a bit unsure about this restaurant based on the exterior appearance but decided to try it out. While the service was slightly unorthodox, the pizza dinner was delicious and did not disappoint.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Im still in such disbelief on how we were treated...have never had anyone speak to women so angrily and with such hatred and anger, and over such a minor thing ( we had no awareness of because there is no sign or information)...something is terribly wrong (mentally) with the male owner (Bob?) The food was just ok...it wadd actually burnt. Seriously, even if the food was good we would NEVER go back there due to the owners craziness. It was overpriced too. Total disappointment. And not very clean either. LESS THAN ZEEO. Triple ick. :(

2  Thank MommaKins