“Unique”

The Prospector
Ranked #7 of 19 Restaurants in Twain Harte
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

This might be the best pizza I have ever had, 6 stars. Service? I can't speak intelligently or offer a grade because there was nothing to grade. Wine? Help yourself. Beer? In the cooler, help yourself. The place is quaint, dirty, and has no service to speak of. With that in mind, I gave it 4 stars because the pizza was great and the place was comfortable and non-pretentious if you can look past the rest. Very, very unique.

1  Thank GpaWoo

Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

We have been here several times over the past few years and it is always delicious. The chef is serious about his pizza artistry and the result will not disappoint. It's also a cozy, warm place where you serve yourself to your own beer, wine and soda and possibly share a table. If you're up for a real culinary experience, you're in for an out-of-the-ordinary treat.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Although the food is ok the service is horrible and the owner is rude, not a family planning d at all.

1  Thank mrssanta2
Reviewed 5 October 2015

Best food since we arrived to the US in July... Delicious pizza, perfect beef, nice vine. We really liked it and can recommend to anyone visiting Twain Harte.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

Come here to relax and meet new friends. The place is small so patrons are encouraged to share tables. I'm usually rather shy, but in over eight years (maybe ten) I have been so glad I have been seated with "strangers". Always a good time.
Robert is a world-class brick oven pizza chef, (Napolitano style pizza certified) plus so many other daily delights. He knows me and my partner well enough that we can say "Please make us whatever you want to".
Robert's knowledge of wine pairings is nonpareil.
Larger groups can be accommodated, but it would be a good idea to call ahead as most of the time it is only Robert preparing the food with maybe one assistant. At least don't be in a rush.