Best Western Plus Truckee-Tahoe Hotel(Truckee)(Great Value!)
US$ 389
US$ 340
US$ 151
Truckee Donner Lodge(Truckee)(Great Value!)
US$ 244
Hampton.com
US$ 732
US$ 695
  • Pool
Northstar Lodge by Welk Resorts(Truckee)(Great Value!)
US$ 769
US$ 749
  • Pool
Redlight(Truckee)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewssugar bowldonner lakepicnic tableslarge parking lotfull kitchenend of the dayshort driverooms are cleanperfect locationwonderful staywould stay here againdonerski slopeseasy accessdowntown truckeebalconyresort
Reviewed 13 August 2017

The front desk was Very friendly and helpful. The room was dated but comfortable. I wasnt real fond of the key codes for doors. Overall a nice place with a safe family atmosphere. Come see me at the Clark Fork Lodge sometime!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
beckymoore, Manager at Donner Lake Village, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank you for mentioning the Donner Lake Village front desk and friendly staff!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

It's right on the lake, but runs from the lake to the road, so most of the "view" rooms are actually partial, and they have put picnic tables in front most that seriously restrict the view. The other half of the rooms face the large parking lot with only a view of blacktop and/or cars. Rooms vary from standard motel to large units with full kitchens.

They make it clear there is no AC. It can get quite warm, and they do have fans in the rooms, but these also vary. We saw some very nice large ones in a few of the rooms, but we had a small floor model. We were smart, and brought one from home, just in case. Ours was much better.

The large lawn area with chaise lounges, tables and chairs is quite nice, but there is little shade and we would have enjoyed an umbrella.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for highlighting Donner Lake Village's great location. Your umbrella idea is a good one! We will pass that on to the operations team.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I paid over $530 for 2 nights and it was very outdated with old furniture and carpet. The toilet didn't flush correctly. We had to hold the handle down until the water circulated completely. There was NO water pressure in the shower. When I asked for a refund for the second night shortly after we checked in I was told no refunds even though I gave over 24 hour notice. My son said for the price we paid it should be a 5-star hotel and the clerk was rude and said they never claimed to be a 5-star hotel. they claim to have a beach and there really is NOT a beach at the hotel. When we complained about the condition of the rooms we were told the two we were in were amongst the 3 oldest rooms they had, yet I still had to pay the astronomical price. Won't go back to Donner Lake Village!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank whoshouse30
Kelsey T, Guest Services at Donner Lake Village, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

I am sorry you had such a poor customer service experience at Donner Lake Village. We make a very strong effort to keep all our guests happy and I am sorry that you were not in an upgraded room. We would have been happy to move your room or upgrade you but we were sold out at the time. Again I apologize for this.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

My husband and I had mini one week vacation and stayed in Donner Lake Village in July. The weather was great! 80-87 degrees, night was cold 35-40.
We stayed in studio 223 on the 2nd floor and we had some view of the lake, the room itself was nice and comfortable with kitchen, comfortable bed.
Village has laundry and sauna. For some reason Sauna was open only till 4.30 pm Mn-Th and Fr- Sn till 9.30 pm.
They do not have air conditioner but have celling fan and extra one in the closet, we did not use. Day time room was very warm but at night you can leave door some open and it will cool down. Very quiet place. They have boats and other water equipment for rent. We mainly hiked and ran in area and really enjoyed our time. Truckee downtown is 4.5 miles away and has Safeway and few restaurants. Very cute downtown with old history.

Room Tip: very good quiet hotel on the west side of the Donner Lake, near hiking and biking trails. Will stay again.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for bringing to light all the great things about Donner Lake Village and the Truckee area. We hope we see you back at Donner Lake Village sometime soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

First of all I had no reservation that day but I call from town. They had a room. I drove right over. Got a warm welcome, The second floor room was super clean, very comfortable and the balcony was just icing on my travel cake. Then the boys at the Marina set me up for waterskiing in the AM. All of that in a half an hour. Then I aimed for the lake, a lounge chair on the dock a swim and some rest from a lot of driving.
The resort is really quiet. Its a place I'll go to again and again.
Bring your own coffee maker and coffee.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Dear danbrown, it sounds like you know how to travel, enjoy and relax too! Thank you for sharing all the joys and fun of Donner Lake Village.