All reviews miso soup salted fish breakfast buffet free shuttle front desk japanese style pleasant stay home away from home rooms are clean bed was comfortable redondo beach eucalyptus bidet floor toilet tv hollywood
Reviewed 27 August 2018

This was my second time here because my family and us stayed there just on March of this year and the experience was amazing clean, friendly staff, facilities. However this time (August 2018) was disappointing my room wasn't clean ( I found cup of empty coffee, empty containers of hygiene goods,etc) we were so tired that we didn't put enough attention before we slept there. Therefore lesson number one never assume things will be as good before.

Room Tip: Always check on the reviews
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
RGH20801, Front Office Manager at Redac Gateway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Yesenia T,

We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay at the Hotel. I appreciate your feedback about our hotel.We care about our guests and we hate it went there is ever a problem with one of our guests. We will do everything in our power to ensure it does not happen again.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

The appointments in the room were good, but all were dated. Clean, which is important to me. This hotel is really like a commuter hotel; meaning that it is make for a layover for somewhere else. One over powering discomfort is the smoke smell. That is a big turn off for me. Where we were there was a lot of road noise, but for the price it presented good value. Breakfast was very expensive.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2018

We chose this hotel for a recent stay based on the pictures and reviews.

It was a mistake. Although the building is new, it's of very poor quality. Soundproofing is bad, so you hear not only your neighbors but also the six lane road it's on.

Second, the AC unit is extremely loud.

Third. The shower water temperature was adjustable from uncomfortably hot to scorching hot. I am serious.

Beds are double, not queen size.

Service was cold and unfriendly. Second question I was asked on checkin after credit card and ID was: "Can I put a $100 security hold on your CC?

Room Tip: 3rd floor room
Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
RGH20801, Admin Assist at Redac Gateway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Germinator

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Stayed overnight at the Redac this past weekend. The staff was professional and friendly and the room very clean. This is an older property but well kept. Location is just a few block off the 405 which makes it very convenient.

There is a strong Japanese accent to the hotel. The complimentary breakfast was among the best I've had and I used to travel weekly while traveling for work. Miso soup, salted fish, rice, bacon, eggs along with potato and macaroni salad and with seasoned bean sprouts and seaweed. The combo worked!

The only reason it's not a 5 star is the bed was a bit short. I'm 6' and my feet were hanging off the edge even with my head pressed against the headboard. Also I was on the 2 floor and the guest above me on the 3 floor was walking around all night and I could hear the creaking noise even in the wee hours of the morning. Otherwise a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor to avoid the noise from upstairs.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
RGH20801, Admin Assist at Redac Gateway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Bryson. Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I’m looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel totally surprised me. For the price I didn’t expect much and was in fact disappointed that hubby booked it without a pool. However once we checked in and went to our room I was quite pleased. It was clean, modern, decent view. We could see our car from the window which gave us a peace of mind. Bed was comfortable. TV was a bit slow but decent nonetheless. They were working on the upgrade. I love love the amenities, specifically the shampoo, conditioner & lotion. Very nice eucalyptus scent but not too strong, it was a spa quality and we read it was made by bath & body works. However, the highlight was the bidet! It made up for our loss of a pool lol. Nice seat warmer. Has an air dryer and I felt very clean afterward. My hubby kept going to the bathroom so I got worried. Asked him if he’s ok and he said he’s fine, so I looked at him and said, honey you’ve been to the bathroom 5 times!! Are you just there to play with the bidet??!! lmao. Breakfast was included and a plus. They had American breakfast, scrambled eggs, bacons, fruits, oj, cereals, coffee and the Japanese type, salted fish, miso soup, seaweeds and few others. It was nice. The only thing I didn’t like was that the scrambled eggs was over cooked and dry and I would’ve like a nicer options of fruits. Perhaps watermelons, grapes or something Asian like logans or strawberries or mangos when in season. The receptionist accent was very thick and they speaks softly so it was hard to understand otherwise Thank you Redac for a pleasant stay!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mini Vacay. I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests’ needs the best way we can. If you’re traveling to our area again soon, don’t hesitate to call us.

Redac Gateway Hotel