All reviews off ramp starbucks coffee free parking one night stay close to the airport visiting family business trip redondo beach freeway bistro noise lobby marriott lax miles rates conference
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Apparently, their website knows how to take reservations, they just don't know how to keep them!! You must click on "member rates" then read the "fine print" to know that they won't honor your room request if you don't check in at 3p.m. and are full. Why bother! I was told that if we have 4 people in our party we should get there at 3 to try and get the 2 queen room - so, if you are at an event or traveling and arrive later than 3, you're screwed! Also, advertised as "newly renovated" - here's the phone that doesn't have buttons or a plug! oh so disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Incredibly overpriced for what is offered. The room I stayed in had an ant problem— tons of small ants... but no other available rooms. The beds weren’t very comfortable.
The on-site “bistro” had odd/unfriendly hours with overpriced food options that they microwave before your very eyes. The bar doesn’t actually provide a number of beers on display/advertised such as Corona or Stella— and the “bartender” didn’t know what a Manhattan or dirty martini was.
The whirlpool advertised for doesn’t exist.
The gym had no weights.
The location isn’t close to very much— requiring you rent a car or rely on alternative transportation. All in all, I would never return or recommend this to anyone visiting the area.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

There were many missed opportunities to make things right.

I stayed at this hotel last weekend with my daughter (for Mother’s Day weekend). We checked in Friday. On Saturday we were getting dressed and I saw a black dot on my daughter’s shoulder (she is 8). I got closer and realized it was a bug. I tried to get it off with a tissue but it was difficult because whatever it was (bed bug or tick I assume) was deep in my daughters shoulder. She is crying and I’m trying to remain calm to get it out. I finally did. I kept it wrapped in the tissue. Called downstairs. Manager came up. I showed her the bug and the red mark on my daughter’s shoulder where it had been “feasting”. I told her I needed to get out of the room. She agreed to change the room and took the bug (i regret not taking a picture of it now). Offered breakfast and some rewards points.

She said she would have the bug and the room tested with Eco Lab. I told her I wanted to know what it was (tick or bed bug).

We got back that night. They changed our room. Moved our things into the new room. Then I go to take a shower and the bottom of the tub feels slimy.

I look down and it appears that they may have just recently reglazed the tub (I’m in property management so I know what to look for) and it hadn’t dried yet. To make matters worse, the water didn’t drain properly so we had inches of slimy water with conditioner hanging around.

I was honestly too frustrated and tired to ask for another room. We had less than two days remaining.

I ran into the manager, i think her name was Izia, and reminded her that i wanted to know what kind of bug it was on my daughter’s shoulder. I had already given her my business card with my email and she also had my personal email on file.

On Monday morning, while we are trying to sleep, I hear drilling and scraping directly against one of the walls in our room.

We were both exhausted and it woke us up. I go outside and there is a worker performing maintenance on the wall outside our room. He is drilling and scraping. At no point were we informed that work would be going on (it is customary for guests to be informed). At no point did we receive an apology for the disturbance.

We checked out Monday the 14th. It is now Thursday and I have heard nothing. She said EcoLab was coming Monday to inspect. They can identify (almost immediately) what kind of bug it is and, quite frankly, I need to know. If it is a tick I need to take my daughter to the doctor ASAP. If it is a bed bug I need to heat treat all of our clothes that are in the (still closed) suitcase.

On so many levels they got it wrong.

If this occurred at a property I was in charge of, not only would i have expedited EcoLab’s visit (gotten them same day rather than waiting two days) but I would ensure that the rest of our stay was without complication. I would have personally inspected each corner of the new room to make sure all was good. I would certainly notice a tub with wet glazing on it and I would have made a note to my maintenance staff not to drill by the room until we checked out.

I appreciate the breakfast (it was good actually) but that just isn’t sufficient to compensate for what my daughter experienced and what we, ultimately, endured. The lack of attention afterwards was an indication of how important our stay was to them.

I travel a lot and I don’t think I’ll stay at another Marriott.

I still don’t know what the bug was. ‍♀️

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
CYTORRANCE, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear Jessica A,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We have contacted our outside pest control company and have had our hotel serviced since then. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we hope to be able to better serve you the next time your travel plans bring you to the Torrance area.

Lucy
Operation Supervisor

Reviewed 24 April 2018

Property is a bit tired. Elevators particularly.
Our room was clean but was a bit noisy as it faced the freeway.
Walls were a bit thin on both sides ... Sandwiched between loud music and loud conversation.
Denny's down the street was a great place to grab breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for pool facing NOT freeway facing
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank DesertFatBike
CYTORRANCE, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear DesertFatBike,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We appreciate all reviews as it makes us a better hotel overall. I'm sorry you experienced noise issues during your stay. We are not necessarily a noisy hotel, but we do get some guests who enjoy themselves a bit too much! Please call the front desk next time and we can see about relocating your guest room.

Jonathan Bonilla
Operations Manager
Torrance South Bay Courtyard

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

I have a free Marriott one night (category 1-5) certificate that was expiring soon, so I booked one night stay at this Courtyard in order for me to go to a LA Dodgers game next day.

Checked in around 9PM, the process was easy. Since I’m a Platinum member, I was offered either free coffee or an item from the Market. Courtyard will give you a coupon to redeem it.

The room is facing the courtyard, so I didn’t hear the freeway traffic as I went to sleep.

I really like the Paul Mitchell shampoo/conditioner/body wash amenities, and I’m glad they are using the big bottles to be more environmentally friendly.

There was some kind of renovation going on next room, but the hotel didn’t notify me. I was startled with the noises at first and was ok afterward. I’d hope the hotel has informed other guests so they would be prepped for the noises.

I think this is an okay place to stay for a short term.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple