All reviews palos verdes front desk light switches marriott rewards bed was comfortable starbucks coffee staying at this hotel would stay here again busy street free breakfast rooms are clean parking lot la area free parking redondo beach bistro lobby
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

I'd first like to say the staff here was very good, professional and friendly. The beds were very comfortable, and overall it was a good stay. The AC in the room was rattling but I tuned it out over time. A buddy and stayed on the 3rd floor, so we had to take the elevator which was extremely slow. Hallways and the elevators were quite dated. The bathroom had confusing light switches. The bathroom was really really basic, and had no fan. I recommend pooping off-site to not decimate your room with unwarranted stink. Parking here is free, and there is a very good bistro in the lobby. I was very impressed with the early check in that was offered. I was able to get into a room before 11am, which is unheard of. The hotel is close proximity to grocery and Dept. Stores and a few great restaurants. Overall average stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
CYTORRANCE, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, we are glad that our team took great care of you and made your stay comfortable. We do apologize for the noise you experienced with your air conditioner. Again, thank you for sharing your comments and we hope to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 2 July 2018

I stayed here for two nights rather than one of the Palos Verdes properties. I stay at Courtyards all the time, and this was one of the most rundown I've seen. It's old and in need of refurbishing. I had expected the room to have a microwave and it didn't so I asked that one be sent up, but they indicated that I had to bring my food down to the front lobby and use the one adjacent to the front desk. The staff was wonderful in both the Bistro and throughout the hotel. Too bad they have to work in such a dated property.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
CYTORRANCE, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments with us! We are working on updating our property, we started with our lobby area and will be updating rooms and the outside of the property in the next couple of years. We hope you still did enjoy your stay and that you come see us again. Thank you!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Pros: Good location, friendly check in clerk, comfortable bed.

Cons: Room small, Bathroom small, very cheap plastic water and coffee cups, and coffee for only one person, although reservation was for two people. Arrived half hour early, and clerk could not bring up our rewards membership after several tries. We finally gave up and told her to forget it. On Saturday, we were told that housekeeping worked until "about" 4:00. We left at 2:45, and I personally spoke to the housekeeper outside our door, to let her know we were leaving, and wanted our room serviced. When we returned late that evening, the room had not been serviced. I called the front desk to ask for a manager, and was told that one would be in in "about" 8:00 or 9:00. So--no clean cups, coffee, or towels. This was a last minute trip to visit a seriously ill family member--although not huge issues, at 170.00 a night, I expected a decent experience, and these inconveniences just added unnecessary stress. First bad experience with a Courtyard hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
CYTORRANCE, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are truly sorry to hear about your less than satisfactory stay and will ensure to discuss this with our team so we may better your experience in the future. We wish you and your family well and hope they are feeling better. Thank you.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

this is back a few generations - has the red carpet in the hallways and hold in the room. Yet it's not a bad place. There's long walks to to the room - but it has a bistro and a gym with good equipment. They do need to get get newspapers back - I hate that Courtyard has stopped providing. Not everyone wants to be on their phone all the time. Will stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback with us. We are one of the first Courtyards and stay current in our renovation schedule. We have completed our lobby renovation last year and have rooms scheduled toward the later part of next year. We hope to serve you again in the future. As a way to take part in saving paper Marriott has eliminated the delivery of the newspaper, we apologize for this inconvenience.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I was surprised that this Courtyard had such very nice rooms. Even though they were very nice, I thought it was quite a bit overpriced. Especially for the city that it’s in. There’s absolutely nothing special about the location.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our rates are based on the demand and normally priced lower during the weekends. If we may be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to let us know! We hope to serve you again.