All reviews office depot home away from home close to major freeways full size fridge room was clean quiet area three nights the general manager business trip coffee maker lax airport checking in front desk staff walmart esa saul utensils
Reviewed 21 June 2016

Husbands company booked him into this property while we moved locations. So we had some time to evaluate the property. Our room was a corner room which had some extra space. If you can get one of these, you should, the extra windows allowed for a nice cross breeze.
All of the facilities were well maintained and clean. We had no problems with anything, when something went wrong like the toilet backed up, they came up and fixed it within 10 minutes. The only ongoing problem, is the fire alarm going off, which shut down the elevator. This was from people cooking (and burning) their food. If you are unable to walk the stairs, make sure you specify to get a first floor room.
The only other problem, is the hotel is directly across from the King's Hawaiian Bakery factory. It was amazing the first day, and the second. By the third day I was insane and had to buy some of the product. By the end of the stay, I don't know if I'll ever eat their product again I think the constant smell cured me. As others have stated, Wal-mart is adjacent to the property, blocks away from high quality Japanese dining, and other various restaurants. We would stay again.

Room tip: Corner room was cool and had nice breezes.
Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank Icewolf1
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our hotel to be clean, quiet and well maintained. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with another enjoyable stay in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

I hadn't stayed here before but I had business in the area so I gave it a try. I arrived a bit early, 1:15. The clerk told me my room wasn't ready and probably wouldn't be until 3:00 which is there standard check-in time. I asked if he could have the maid clean my room next. He said he would go check with house keeping. He came back and said they will do it next but it won't be ready until 3:00. Wow, it sure does take a long time to clean a room. I asked for a coffee pot and some coffee. She said she would bring the items up to me and she did that promptly. The room was a standard ESA room and it appeared clean and the furniture and bedding not to worn. The TV was a newer flat screen so that was nice. When I opened the internet their "standard" came up with only two bars. That was a bummer so I upgraded to the faster strength. It gave me one more bar. I didn't appreciate the long black hairs in the towels. I didn't realize it but I had dropped a couple of ice cubes on the kitchen floor. When I went back to get more ice a noticed small puddles on the floor so I took a wash cloth to wipe them up. Oh oh, the cloth was black where I used it on the floor so obviously it hadn't been mopped recently. And when I got into the shower the next morning lots of fuzz from the carpets came off the bottom of my feet. So obviously the carpeting hadn't been vacuumed recently either. And it looked like a guy had missed the toilet as it was dirty at the base of the toilet. So why does it take sooooo long to clean a room??? T

Room tip: They put me into #344 near the end of the hall way. It took a very long time to get any hot water.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your stay was not to our company’s high standards. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have been working with our staff to make sure our rooms are ready in a timely manner for our guests as well as retraining our housekeeping staff. I will also work with our staff to make sure we are thoroughly inspecting rooms prior to guest arrivals to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at thg@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 December 2015

Staff were wonderful, Walmart behind hotel was convenient, booked through 3rd party so didn't realize coffee maker etc was an option, wifi was useless on phones, but the room was clean and the water was hot so would recommend

Room tip: end away from elevators was quiet
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2015

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. Please accept our apologies for the Wi-Fi issues you experienced. Still, I am glad to read that you enjoyed our convenient location as well as our comfortable rooms. I truly appreciate your kind comments regarding our friendly customer service. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 18 November 2015 via mobile

Extended Stay at 19200 Harborgate Way in Torrance, Ca. was the worse place I have ever stayed. When I checked in to my room, the sheets had not been changed but the bed was made. The second bed had the sheets on upside down and had cellophane candy wrappers between the sheets. I was moved to a second room and found the room was slightly better. However, my daughter found head and body hair in her "clean" towels. She also found a spider in her bed. The walls are very thin. One night we were kept awake most of the night by our neighbor's TV. Another night by someone's snoring. In addition we heard the gurgling in our bathtub drain on & off through the night. Two days I tried to get coffee and the breakfast was put up by 9:45. Would never stay there again or at another Extended Stay based on this experience.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Linda K
Reviewed 15 November 2015

Had to stay for business ---- Toyota US HQ nearby. Although they are moving out of state in a couple years, so wonder what will happen to this hotel. It's already not in great shape--- room needs an overhaul. Carpets were worn and dirty; there is a kitchenette but the refrigerator outside door was scratched up and stained; couple of the towels in the bathroom were torn or frayed; the AC is one of those units in the wall near the window and it was somewhat noisy; saw a couple of ants walking around in the room. I wouldn't pay $50 for that type of room, much less the $108 they charged.

Date of stay: October 2015