The Lodge at Tiburon
  • Breakfast included
Budget Inn(Corte Madera)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,634 results
All reviewsgreat locationsan franciscoangel islandoutdoor fireplacewithin walking distancefire pithotel restaurantmain streetheated poolferry ridefront desk staffrestaurants and shopseasy accessshort drivemuir woodswine countrygolden gate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The property is old but has been completely updated. The restaurant on property was great. My room was updated but still felt a bit dated. Room had nice robes, towels, and a great bed. Internet was free, TV was old school, Huge jetted tub was dated. Property was super clean. Great location. I would recommend this hotel for business or vacation travel.

Room Tip: If you are traveling for business I do not think you need a "spa" room with the huge jettted tub.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2012

You will not be disappointed with this hotel. Very clean, great staff, and a prime location. Take the ferry from Tiburon to SanFrancisco. I would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank briansalm
sietse1472, General Manager at The Lodge at Tiburon, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Dear Slammer88,

We are thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay with us and are longing to return to our hotel. Please do let us know when your travels take you back to Tiburon, so we can welcome you back at The Lodge at Tiburon.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

Located in a small town 20 minutes from the center of San Francisco, still within the bay opposite Angel Island. You have to travel over the Golden Gate Bridge to get to and from San Francisco, which is bonus for staying here. Even though there is a toll of $6 to travel in to San Francisco, it is worth it. Parking is free, unlike the expensive parking fees of the San Francisco hotels.
The rooms were spacious, clean and modernly decorated, with free WiFi.
Is a little more expensive to stay here than some other hotels near San Francisco but it is worth it.
The restaurant within the lodge, serves good food at a reasonable price, which isn't often the case in more expensive hotels. Great to not have to leave the hotel and look for a restaurant nearby.
Only marked it because we were not informed that the pool was being renovated and was closed. Had 2 disappointed children. Probably wouldn't have booked there if we had known. When the pool is open I'm sure it is the perfect place to stay. Would stay there again as long as the pool was available.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I had stayed here a year ago when this hotel was run/owned by Larkspur Property. The room was well appointed and the staff was very helpful from reservation to departure. Unfortunately, I did not look at any reviews for my latest stay. It turns out, the place was sold in December, and is no longer a Larkspur property; you can tell the minute you arrive.

There was chain linked fence around the pool and hot tub and the rooms on the backside of the property have not been renovated yet. They are dated (mirrors on wall/ceiling...ugh!), the furniture is old, there are no hotel information books (with instructions on the tub/tv), no fridge, no water. Bare minimum is provided.

Nowhere on their website do they advise of construction on site (hot tub/pool unusable), nor that there are rooms not renovated. After making an on-line reservation, I never received an email confirmation and had to send to ask for one (I received two).

The front desk staff was nice enough; but when I called prior to my stay to add another night and asked for a better rate than I had paid, they were not flexible nor informative that some rooms were not renovated yet. Knowing now how thrashed our room was, they certainly could have offered the room for less than the 150 I ended up paying.

I recommend you ook for other places before staying here. It's ok, but not for the prices they charge. Try the Larkspur Property in Mill Valley off Hwy 1.

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room; ask for a construction discount!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank theresa s
sietse1472, General Manager at The Lodge at Tiburon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear theresa s,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback and surely apoligize for the inconvenience you encountered upon your stay.

Even though we have changed management companies, we do remind ourselves to increase our customer service standards, and I am glad you recognized this. Our pool project is almost finished and will provide our guests with a greatly improved product and amenity.

We would love the chance to show you that we can do much better than what you experienced. Please do reach out to me if you consider another visit to Marin County.

415 435 6895

Reviewed 24 February 2012

We are so glad we stayed in Tiburon for our family trip to the San Francisco area. The Lodge at Tiburon was very nice. We stayed in a newly renovated room with 2 queen beds. The beds were fairly comfortable, but the room was very clean and quiet. Our 5 yr old son loved the room so much he wants a beach room now. It was only a 30 min drive into the city over the Golden Gate Bridge,so we enjoyed the city during the day and the quiet seaside town at night. We will definetly be back, and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear motogpmama,

We are truly excited that you enjoyed your trip to The Lodge at Tiburon! Thank you very much for your feedback here on TripAdvisor, and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back at your new home away from home.