“Love this little place. But it needs better signage, can be easily overlooked”
Review of New Morning Cafe

New Morning Cafe
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Tiburon
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2017

I stayed in the Lodge at Tiburon on a recent business trip and, being on East Coast time, I woke up too early for the restaurant there. The front desk clerk pointed me to this little locally-owned restaurant a block up the street but I nearly missed it in the early morning dark. I accidentally bypassed it and went to the next cafe up, Cafe Acri. But their grill was not yet open; they were only serving bakery items. So I backtracked and spotted New Morning Cafe on my second pass. Had a fantastic hot breakfast (huevos rancheros), with friendly, attentive waitservice. The menu had a few Mexican-influenced dishes like the one I enjoyed but it also has all the standard breakfast options. Loved it! ...but it really needs better signage!!! I gather it's a "locals' favorite" so maybe they don't mind if travelers can't spot them??

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

While in Tiburon for 5 days this was our "go to" place for breakfast - great coffee- great service and great food. My favorites were the pancakes with ricotta cheese in the batter and Joes special eggs (ground beef, scrambled eggs, onions,garlic and spinach). You can thank me later.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

What I look for in a breakfast spot is a lot of variety in the menu (not just the traditional standbys), good execution on the food, friendly service and quick turnover. All available here. Always busy (good!) so be prepared to wait.

Reviewed 9 December 2016

Had the thin crispy waffle with the bangers, it was very good. Its a tiny spot indoors but does have outdoor seating. The staff was attentive and the prices reasonable.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

Great food, many choices, efficient service, pleasant waitstaff. I especially enjoyed building my own omelet. Highly recommend.