Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
$289
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
$279
View deal
Expedia.com$288
Travelocity$288
Priceline$289
1,123 results
All reviews coffee brewing on stilts luxury cottage the cottages coffee making jaggery coffee plantation tour plantation walk coffee experience special mention bird watching beautiful property heaven on earth western ghats buggy service special thanks restaurant staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2022

Stayed at Tamara for 3 nights in May. Property is surrounded by coffee plantation and at a height of approx 3500ft. It was a nice experience and would definitely come back when next in Coorg.

1. Access to to the resort : I travelled from Kabini. Its a nice plain road for most part. The hilly section towards Coorg is also very basic, so people with motion sickness need not worry. The final 1.5-2 km to reach the resort is a private road and quite tight. So folks self-driving need to go slow. 2 cars cannot cross at the same time, so you need to park at bends/shoulders that are available in between.
@Tamara - will be helpful if you can install 'view mirrors' through this stretch i/o of only inside the main resort area.

2. Rooms/resort : I stayed in the Suite category. Room was quite big with 2 toilets, living room and private sit-out area. Unfortunately it was raining all the while so didnt really get to sit outside, If you are bird watcher, then, having your own private space is helpful. We could still capture Hornbill, Woodpecker with chicks, Barbet, etc. These are called 'plantation view rooms. Other rooms have shared sit out area i.e. with soft partition. So there is no privacy here as both occupants can hear each other then.

The resort is built per 'Bali' style architecture and is spread across a large area. You need to take a golf cart (buggy) to access restaurant or reception or any of the activity areas. You can walk as well but it depends on your appetite to walk as it involves uphill path as well.

Jio & Airtel have good 4G connectivity. Wifi is available in rooms & common areas.

@Tamara - Pls get buggy booking/availability more organized. To keep waiting for 15-20 mins regularly is not something one should expect. Maybe having designated buggy for a set of rooms will be helpful or develop an app to book/track the buggy (in today's day and age, this should not be that difficult).

Food: You need to have your meals within the property as going out is not an option due to the location. Restaurant is nice, staff is super trained and food is awesome. There is enough & more options even for buffet.

Activities: There are number of activities that resort organizes to keep guests engaged. Some are chargeable, so pls check. Do treks/walks only in dry season. If its raining & wet, there will be lot of leeches.

Overall, Tamara is a good property, some trivial issues such as buggy rides, housekeeping should be looked at from improvement perspective.

Room tip: Choose suite room
Date of stay: May 2022
The Tamara Coorg, General Manager at The Tamara Coorg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2022

Dear Harry,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at The Tamara Coorg. I take this opportunity to thank you for your time in evaluating our property and services. We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the resort, team and services.

At The Tamara Coorg, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward. Your encouraging comments will motivate them to do even better at their work.

I am delighted you had a memorable stay with us and we were able to exceed your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

I have noted your comment on Buggy services.

Reviewed 28 May 2022 via mobile

Tamara Coorg is one of the best properties in Coorg but I feel the price doesn’t justify the facilities. The villas are on stilts. I had the best view from my villa of the valley. Overall food is good and the staff is in the restaurant is excellent. The room itself has old sofas and worn out foot mats. Also there isn’t much to do in the property itself. The pool area is also pretty average and doesn’t have that finesse like most 5 stars have. One of the activities they have is the cardamom trail, they didn’t inform us before about wearing proper clothes and taking precautions due to the leeches in the trail and hence we all had leech bites.

In conclusion the property itself is very beautiful set in a dense forest but it lacks certain things which could make it a truly luxurious resort.

Room tip: Ask for rooms 205/206 or 221/222
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We like to hear guest feedback and have noted your concerns about the Cardamom trails, and I can assure you that this is not our standard. We usually call each guest prior to their arrival so they can hear about the various experience offerings at the Tamara Coorg.

We are making a round of renovations and upgrades to each one of our rooms, and we will be doing this in a number of rooms at a time, so your feedback is appreciated, I would greatly appreciate it if you can make a repeat visit in the near future, and I will promise a great and unforgettable experience on your next stay, my email address is krishnakb@thetamaracoorg.com, please leave a reply with your co-ordinates.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 14 May 2022

Its a great place to be with family. We had a perfect holiday to relax. Hospitality.. Food.. Cottage everything was perfect. I congratulate the team - Bidappa, Chef Sana, Manager Mr Anand & GM. One of our most memorable holiday stays.

Date of stay: May 2022
The Tamara Coorg, General Manager at The Tamara Coorg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2022

Dear Mr. Yogesh,

Many thanks for embracing our warm hospitality, food and services and other unique experiences. Your generous commentary on our services is deeply appreciated.

Our hosts make Tamara a unique place and I am delighted to learn that you could strike a chord with many of them, especially Bidappa, Chef Sana, Front Office Manager- Mr Anand. They are indeed our stars and your recognition is their greatest reward.

Thank you once again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back to Tamara in the not-too-distant future.

Reviewed 9 May 2022

Pros
- Very beautiful property, far from the crowds of the more popular towns in Coorg.
- Every room feels isolated - you can barely see the other rooms. You feel you are in the forest alone.
- Nice tours included in the room price - coffee plantation tour + brewing session - where they told us about the plants in the property and about how coffee is grown + processed and brewed; The trek was also good
- Really feel as if you are lost in nature
- Restaurant was good. Good breakfast spread

Cons
- If one is not used to walking, it may be a bit difficult to get around inside the resort - they will send the cart if you ask for it, but you may not be able to enjoy the property to its fullest.
- It's not cheap. But I think it was still worth it. If it was a bit cheaper, I would consider spending more time there.

Room tip: Ask for a room with valley view
Date of stay: April 2022

Dear Mr. Indra,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete our service.

Relaxed environment, friendly and unobtrusive service and delectable cuisine make a great stay at resort and we are delighted to have been able to provide you with such an experience.

Your generous appreciation of all the aspects of the tamara including privacy at room & activity is very encouraging. I have personally shared your feedback about the excellent service you received with the entire team who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well appreciated.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back and to another opportunity to create more memories for you.

Reviewed 8 May 2022 via mobile

This is our 3rd visit to Tamara. We have always enjoyed their rustic landscape and tree houses in the middle of the Coorg Forest.
Food is good and great service at the restaurant.

My only complaint is the Buggy Service. Everytime we need a Buggy to go from one place to another it takes 15-20min for a Buggy to come. From the rooms, I can understand but even from the restaurant, Yoga Center, etc there are no ready buggys to pick up people to return to their rooms. You have to wait 15min outside their restaurant for a Buggy. I could see people always waiting outside the restaurant in a queue waiting for a buggy which means the whole Buggy process is very inefficiently run. Also for eg, the Yoga session ends at 6PM. The property should ensure buggys after the session by default but no buggy was available then too and the guests had to make several calls to get a buggy. which came after another 20min.

If we are paying Rs 25k per night for an apparent "luxury" stay, I consider this a big Blip in their service. A luxury property should not be making guests wait 10 times a day to be picked up from or dropped at their rooms. Being made to wait continuously has tainted my entire experience and I doubt very much, i'll return again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 357dhwanis

Dear Ms. Dhwani,

I sincerely appreciate the time and effort you have put in to share this review with us. While I feel deeply disheartened to learn that your buggy experience with the Tamara Coorg was below par.

Please do accept my sincere apologies once again for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. My apologies for the insensitiveness that we have inadvertently projected. Have taken immediate corrective measures so that such instances do not happen. Kindly treat it as an exception.