Lowest prices for your stay
$311
Free cancellation until 02/07/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$302
Priceline$264
Trip.com$254
Travelocity$302
1,106 results
All reviews coffee brewing on stilts luxury cottage the cottages coffee making plantation tour jaggery coffee plantation walk coffee experience bird watching special mention beautiful property buggy service special thanks heaven on earth western ghats star resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 May 2022

Pros
- Very beautiful property, far from the crowds of the more popular towns in Coorg.
- Every room feels isolated - you can barely see the other rooms. You feel you are in the forest alone.
- Nice tours included in the room price - coffee plantation tour + brewing session - where they told us about the plants in the property and about how coffee is grown + processed and brewed; The trek was also good
- Really feel as if you are lost in nature
- Restaurant was good. Good breakfast spread

Cons
- If one is not used to walking, it may be a bit difficult to get around inside the resort - they will send the cart if you ask for it, but you may not be able to enjoy the property to its fullest.
- It's not cheap. But I think it was still worth it. If it was a bit cheaper, I would consider spending more time there.

Room tip: Ask for a room with valley view
Date of stay: April 2022
The Tamara Coorg, General Manager at The Tamara Coorg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Indra,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete our service.

Relaxed environment, friendly and unobtrusive service and delectable cuisine make a great stay at resort and we are delighted to have been able to provide you with such an experience.

Your generous appreciation of all the aspects of the tamara including privacy at room & activity is very encouraging. I have personally shared your feedback about the excellent service you received with the entire team who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well appreciated.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back and to another opportunity to create more memories for you.

Reviewed 8 May 2022 via mobile

This is our 3rd visit to Tamara. We have always enjoyed their rustic landscape and tree houses in the middle of the Coorg Forest.
Food is good and great service at the restaurant.

My only complaint is the Buggy Service. Everytime we need a Buggy to go from one place to another it takes 15-20min for a Buggy to come. From the rooms, I can understand but even from the restaurant, Yoga Center, etc there are no ready buggys to pick up people to return to their rooms. You have to wait 15min outside their restaurant for a Buggy. I could see people always waiting outside the restaurant in a queue waiting for a buggy which means the whole Buggy process is very inefficiently run. Also for eg, the Yoga session ends at 6PM. The property should ensure buggys after the session by default but no buggy was available then too and the guests had to make several calls to get a buggy. which came after another 20min.

If we are paying Rs 25k per night for an apparent "luxury" stay, I consider this a big Blip in their service. A luxury property should not be making guests wait 10 times a day to be picked up from or dropped at their rooms. Being made to wait continuously has tainted my entire experience and I doubt very much, i'll return again.

Date of stay: May 2022
1  Thank 357dhwanis

Dear Ms. Dhwani,

I sincerely appreciate the time and effort you have put in to share this review with us. While I feel deeply disheartened to learn that your buggy experience with the Tamara Coorg was below par.

Please do accept my sincere apologies once again for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. My apologies for the insensitiveness that we have inadvertently projected. Have taken immediate corrective measures so that such instances do not happen. Kindly treat it as an exception.

Reviewed 4 May 2022 via mobile

Highly overrated property. Last access is quite narrow and a difficult road. There is not much to do within the resort and can get quite boring beyond a day. They have a huge list of activities but what I realised later was that most of them were paid. The ones that were free like badminton, archery etc was for some reason not available on the days we were there.

For a resort that calls itself a luxury resort, there is no bathtub in the cottage. Also you have only one half of the cottage to yourself. There is no wireless music system/portable speaker to play music and there is a tiny 30 inch or less tv which doesn't even connect to Netflix. They call it a smart tv but it's definitely not one. There is a tata sky connection but there is no option to even watch a movie. Would be a real disappointment when it rains as there is nothing else to do. Because of the rain there were lot of leeches which made trekking also quite difficult.

All in all quite average. Definitely not 5 star quality. The front desk staff says every single thing will be charged separately. We liked some plants and they arranged it for us but again charged some atrocious amount. Front desk staff need to be trained better.

The only good thing about the place was the food and the natural environment. There was a lot of variety in the food and was very well made. The chef also took very good care since I had requested for a gluten free diet and had got ragi, jowar, bajra and different rotis made for me everyday.

Definitely not worth the money. There are much better places available at better prices. I wouldn't recommend this place even in terms of natural beauty there are much better places to stay at in Coorg

Room tip: Completely avoid rainy season. I would say try a find a different place to stay. It's really over priced for the facilities.
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
The Tamara Coorg, General Manager at The Tamara Coorg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Reethika,

I sincerely appreciate the time and effort you have put in to share this detailed review with us. While I feel deeply disheartened to learn that your experience with the Tamara Coorg was below par. Please do accept my sincere apologies once again for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. We are making series of renovations and upgrades to each of our rooms.

Kindly treat it as an exception.

Reviewed 30 April 2022 via mobile

When I first got to know about the place and saw the reviews, I had already set a high expectation of the Tamara resort, Coorg and when I stayed there, they certainly exceeded it! I have stayed in multiple resorts and hotels across India and I can safely say that Tamara is the best one of them all. The room is beautiful, the property is well maintained, and the view— breathtaking! The food is excellent. The hospitality is simply first class. It is what makes Tamara even more special!

A special thanks to the friendliest driver Shankar for driving us safely to and from the resort, Chef Mr Naveen who was kind enough to remember and serve us some delicious meals that weren’t on the menu, to Mr Roshan who remembered our preferences (including our fav spot to sit at the restaurant!), to Mr Santhosh who was thoughtful enough to bring us extra dishes that complimented our order, to Mr Somanna for his infectious charm and the wonderful coffee plantation tour, to Ms Athulya for her fabulous service at the Spa, to Mr Amjith for helping us delightfully catch views of beautiful birds and taking the time to explain their behaviour, and for all the other lovely staff at the resort who always had a smile on their face and made us feel like The Tamara was our home.

You’ve made our trip a very memorable one that we will cherish dearly. We are looking forward to staying with you in Coorg again. Until then, keep up the good work! :)

Trip type: Travelled with family
The Tamara Coorg, General Manager at The Tamara Coorg, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2022

Dear Mr. Travel,

Thank you very much for taking time complete our serve.

Relaxed environment, friendly and unobtrusive service and delectable cuisine make a great stay at resort and we are delighted on having been able to provide you with such an experience.

Your generous appreciation of all the aspects of the resort including room, food is very encouraging. I have personally shared your feedback about the excellent service you received with the entire team who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well appreciated.

Reviewed 29 April 2022 via mobile

Purpose of Trip : Peaceful holiday with some really good local food.
Tamara, Coorg checked all the boxes for the purpose of my trip. Located in a forest, beautiful cottages overlooking lush greenery for miles beyond.

Booked a luxury cottage with all meals included. I suggest we all do that because there is nothing in the vicinity to order or go out.
The property’s Ala Carte menu is expensive, otherwise and I recommend to carry your own alcohol & mixers as the prices are exorbitant at the bar / restaurant.

So we Took a flight from Mumbai to the newly opened Kannur airport, which was about 2 hours.
Landed at Kannur airport and from one of the counters booked a Taxi to Tamara, Coorg. I suggest to book the taxi well in advance to avoid much waiting at the airport.
The journey from Kannur airport to Tamara, Coorg is beautiful. Great roads and we reached Tamara in 2.5 hours flat.
Our luxury cottage was all ready after a quick check in process.
Staff was alert and helpful.

The distances between room to restaurant or reception are quite far and there are enough golf carts available for the same.
Breakfast was a wide variety, we only tried the local food like Kadamputtu with vegetable curry, amazing Filter coffee and of course they have the Omelettes, Idli, Dosa, Sausages, bacon etc.
The best part of this place is that you can request the chef to prepare something local and they happily do so.
Chef Sana pampered us with Noolputtu, Mutton Curry, Coorgi Chicken Curry, Raja Pork and a nice buttercream cake.
They have live music on a few days and the dinner place is nice, warm and cozy.

The service staff is always on their toes, ready to serve you as & when you’re plate is empty.
I personally enjoyed the local delicacies, and that was a major point of visiting this place. And they did not disappoint one bit.
After a heavy lunch, a good nap is refreshing and then waking up at 6pm only to have a few drinks before dinner.

Coming to the luxury cottage I stayed, large beds with a variety of pillows and a nice sofa sit out for 4 people. There’s a desk to work on, nice and large with a comfortable chair.
Looking ahead there is a balcony over looking the lush green trees of the forest. The best part is that no one can see you, and you can see no one. That’s how the cottages are designed. No looking into another!
The bathroom is neat, clean. Shower cubicle has hot and cold water, there’s a hair dryer and an array of soaps, shampoos, kits at disposal.

The property has a big tennis court, badminton court and indoor games.
Apart from this, there are several activities like Trekking, Coffee plantation tour etc that are available during the day.
I would rate the following as;
Food : 9/10
Hygiene : 10/10
Customer service : 10/10
Bathroom : 10/10
Room amenities : 9/10
Value for Money : 8.5/10

The property doesn’t disappoint at all and I strongly recommend this resort for the following;
Couples : Birthday / Anniversary
Family : Get together / Reunion
Solo traveler : For the peaceful ‘Me Time’

Looking forward to visiting their other properties in various other locations.

Room tip: Best time to visit is between October and May. Monsoons, I’m sure will be beautiful but there are risk of snakes and other insects.
1  Thank AkshayKumarIsHere

Dear Mr. Northstar,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am delighted to know that you had a great experience at The Tamara Coorg.

The team of Tamara has won generous accolades for their legendary services to our valued guests.

It is heartening to know that our team was able to create a delightful experience to you.

The Tamara has a unique legacy and our teams are always eager to showcase the resort in its full splendour through the various engagement initiatives that bring delight to our valuable guests.

We value your patronage and eagerly await to welcome you back soon.