17 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.com$476
Travelocity$496
Prestigia.com$509
1,094 results
All reviews coffee brewing on stilts luxury cottage the cottages coffee making jaggery coffee plantation tour plantation walk coffee experience bird watching special mention beautiful property buggy service heaven on earth western ghats special thanks star resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 November 2020 via mobile

Great place with great staff! Stayed at Eden Cottage from 15th Oct - 18 Oct, 2020 with family.

Major highlights and positives were:
1. Safety during pandemic
2. Amazing staff - great hospitality and always accomodating our needs
3. Ballyaatre hike (moderate difficulty)
4. Food can make or break your stay at a resort. But, this place exceeding all our expectations starting from yummy starters to local dishes (must try: bamboo shoot curry) to surprisingly great desserts
5. A surprise Poolside dinner party for my b'day. One of the best dinners I have experienced so far!
6. Ofcourse, the Eden cottage itself was the biggest highlight of our luxurious stay

Negatives:
Probably the only negative during the stay was the buggy / shuttle service being too slow and the amount of time you have to wait. We always had to walk from the cottage to wherever we wanted to go.
But, we adjusted and was not really a disappointment to us as we enjoyed walking within the resort.

Definitely, a must visit and I personally would keep coming back to this place for special occasions or celebrations. Worth every penny spent!

Thank you Tamara, Coorg!
Special mentions: Mr. Manjunath, Mr. Cariappa, Ms. Meera and both the head chefs - Mr. Naveen & Mr. Sanjeev

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
The Tamara Coorg, General Manager at The Tamara Coorg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2020

Dear Mr. Varun,

At the outset allow me to thank you for choosing The Tamara Coorg...!!!

We are delighted by your review in this forum. We have initiated RAKSHA guidelines to follow the protocol in our all the entity to make sure our guest and the associates are safe and well.

Our associates are working hard towards the guest experience which resulted in your feedback. Thank you for the wonderful feedback about the delicious Coorg cuisine. Great to hear that you had the best birthday celebration at The Tamara Coorg.

Your concern on the buggy is duly noted and communicated to the department head to look after. The Tamara Coorg is reconnected with the nature and serve you the silence atmosphere during your walk inside the resort.

Manjunath, Kariappa, Meera, Chef Sanjay and Chef Naveen joins me to thank you for the appriciation.

Your feedback will go a long way in our endeavor to provide the highest quality of service and hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon at The Tamara Coorg.

Reviewed 14 November 2020

My parents were celebrating their 25th anniversary in the midst of COVID. I had originally planned a Europe trip and now, thanks to the travel restrictions in place, I was lost on what to do. I came across Tamara Coorg and the photos looked beautiful as an escape. I booked a package and my parents couldn't be happier. They said the staff was above excellent, the place was BEAUTIFUL and it almost felt like they were in a bubble away from the world. I am so glad I went with Tamara and would highly recommend to anyone! The customer care (Abilash) was super nice and responded quickly to my request to arrange some roses on their bed for the anniversary and provide a cake. They immediately took care of this request and with no extra charges! The only weakness if I had to pick anything is that the food is expensive. However, they themselves mentioned some package options for this too which makes it all worthwhile. I cannot say thank you enough to the team for making my parents' 25th special during these crazy times. I hope to visit myself soon. Thanks Tamara Coorg Team!!

Dear Ms. Vaishnavi,

Thank you for your valuable time to share your experience at The Tamara Coorg.

We are thrilled to hear that your parents anniversary celebrated in Scotland of India and thank you for the recommendation.We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your appreciation towards the peaceful ambiance and the biodiversity surrounding our resort

Our associates are always try to create an extra mile towards the guest experience.

We look forward to welcome you and family once again to The Tamara Coorg.

Reviewed 13 November 2020 via mobile

Gud hospitality, F & B Awesome, tase is good, main thing is customer satisfaction about the food really it's maintained superb especially Mr Dinesh. His service and co ordination with guests and he is friendly. We liked it very much.
One suggestion from my side is gaming like adventures game.
Overall I suggest to my friends and relative to visti Tamara coorg.
I wl come back soon with my family

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The Tamara Coorg, General Manager at The Tamara Coorg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2020

Dear Mr. Prashanth,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable The Tamara Coorg experience.

Nothing inspires us more than receiving such encouraging feedback. We appreciate your kind comments about the Palace, food, rooms, staff, their service and hospitality. I have shared your compliments with all my colleagues, whose efforts made this possible.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2020

Tamara is an absolutely, beautiful resort. Lush & green, it was a wonderful getaway after months of being locked up in the city. The cottages are luxurious - 5-star standard. Everything was clean and spotless. The property itself is quiet and serene in the heart of coffee country with numerous brooks, there's the constant sound of running water which is so soothing. The food was great and the chefs go out of their way to design customized menus for you for every meal. The staff are incredible. Every single one of them go out of their way to make it a memorable experience for every guest. That's what makes Tamara special. Meera, Prince, Dinesh, Preeti, both the Chefs and the waiters and some other names that I forget - thank you! We will definitely be back.

2  Thank 427mayac

Dear Ms. Maya,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to The Tamara Coorg.

At The Tamara Coorg, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I have shared your words of appreciation with Meera, Prince, Dinesh, Preethy and our chef, they all are really thrilled by your words of appreciation.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again at The Tamara Coorg and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Warm regards

Reviewed 10 November 2020 via mobile

Huge property and good scenery.
Rooms were amazing and had a very good view point.
Food was very tasty and excellent.
Service was above expectation.
My special thanks to all staff for their kind services at all times.
Love to visit once.
Thanks and regards
Renukaiah. R
srscomp2015@gmail.com

Trip type: Travelled with friends
The Tamara Coorg, General Manager at The Tamara Coorg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2020

Dear Mr. Renukaia,

At the outset allow me to thank you choosing The Tamara Coorg.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We work extremely hard to provide each guest with an amazing experience and we are glad to see those efforts pay off in your last visit. Our associates are extremely passionate and this translates to service from the heart. We will be sure to pass on your compliments to them.

We look forward to welcome you and family once again The Tamara Coorg.