11 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.com$450
Hotels.com$467
Travelocity$467
1,094 results
All reviews coffee brewing on stilts luxury cottage the cottages coffee making jaggery coffee plantation tour plantation walk coffee experience bird watching special mention beautiful property buggy service heaven on earth western ghats special thanks star resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2019

I would like to say a memorable trip indeed . The ambience the hospitality, the resort was exceptional, room-service too . No regrets. Special mention about Smaran and Madhusudhan at the coffee brewery . They were

Room tip: Everything was perfect
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
thetamaracoorg, General Manager at The Tamara Coorg, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2019

Dear Ms. Preetha Katyal,

At the outset, allow me to thank you for choosing The Tamara Coorg for your stay. I take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.
It’s always a pleasure to know about guest’s experiences at the property.

Hope this lovely experience of yours will translate into many more such visits to The Tamara Coorg.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 25 September 2019

I have visited Tamara Coorg in mid September and I felt it was very good season as I experienced both rain and sun and it will blow your mind with the location from your room balcony. The hospitality of Tamara is best with food quality and they can customise your food if you order through Ala Carte Menu.
The food was tasty though. In Tamara trekking was amazing experience I have had here with good plantation walk . I strongly recommend to go ahead for this resort to experience lavish and good hospitality.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
thetamaracoorg, General Manager at The Tamara Coorg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2019

Dear Mr. Sumeet,

It is wonderful to hear from you about our service and hospitality. Our staff are extremely passionate and this translates to service from the heart. We will be sure to pass on your compliments to them. Our chef's prepare the delicious food as per our guest's taste buds.

We look forward to your next visit to The Tamara Coorg.

Reviewed 22 September 2019 via mobile

The Tamara is a lovely property . The staff are very courteous and professional. Go out of their way to please you .
The rooms are beautifully appointed . Recommend to take a suite on the first floor . Lovely terrace and a great view .
Breakfast in the garden is a great way to start your day . The food is great and would recommend to take the package offering breakfast and dinner .
The hiking personnel offer you a great options of hikes and I strongly recommend you try one . Gives the real experience of being in the hills .
The Kodai club is a nice place to hang out in the evening . However you need a member to sign you in . Our Bombay gym or Wellington membership don’t give you enterance

1  Thank ranjitc2018

Dear Mr. Ranjit,

It’s always a pleasure to know about guest’s experiences at the property.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 September 2019 via mobile

When we planned our trip to coorg at The Tamara Coorg Resort, we were of the opinion that this Resort would be like any other premium resort of India. But after staying here at this Resort it was totally different. Property itself is very beautiful amidst nature with dense forest and greenery all around the resort. We can not see any building or roads any other structures except green land and a lot of trees. You can see only greenery, mountains etc. Till your eyes can see from your cottage Verandah.

The major backbone of the Resort is its staff who are always smiling and ready to help at each and every moment whether it is at reception area or staff driving buggy(battery operated four wheeler for your in resort movement), at Restaurant or at Verandah. I can simply give one example of their courtesy that staff of the resort have given us a beautiful surprise on 18th September, 2019 on which my wife's birthday was there by giving her a beautiful bouquet. Highlight of the thing was at the dinner time on that day, when Resort Management prepared a beautiful cake for my wife and we celebrated her birthday in this beautiful Resort. Special thanks to head Chef who prepare last minute wish of my wife of having Pav Bhaji for dinner which is not a part of the regular menu also. It was really our unforgettable day. Hats off to the management and staff of the Resort who are taking personal care of their guests. Would like to visit again if possible.

Thank you very much for such a wonderful hospitality.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
thetamaracoorg, General Manager at The Tamara Coorg, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2019

Dear Mr. Tushar,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We work extremely hard to provide each guest with an amazing experience and we are glad to see those efforts pay off in your last visit. Our team members are extremely passionate and this translates to service from the heart. We will be sure to pass on your compliments to them.

It is wonderful to hear from you. We have taken immense care to choose a location that is far removed from bustling city life. Hence, The Tamara Coorg is tucked away in a remote coffee and spice estate, in a previously untapped stretch of the Western Ghats. The resort has been built respecting the natural, sloping gradient of the terrain. We provide buggy facilities on call for those who are unable to or do not wish to walk uphill/downhill.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 September 2019 via mobile

Stay was very good . We can rate it 4.5 out of 5 .
But food is not worth for the money they charge for it . Food in Tamara is very average . I would like to rate it 2.5 out of 5. Hope it will be good next time .

1  Thank Manjunath s

Dear Mr. Manjunath,

We have duly noted your concerns and communicated to the respective department.

Looking forward to host you once again to The Tamara Coorg