“A perfect B&B experience”
Review of The Hotel Temecula

The Hotel Temecula
Ranked #2 of 6 Temecula B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 June 2017

If I could give it more than 5 stars I would, because it deserves it. The only thing better than the actual rooms is the service provided by the owners. The owners, Richard and Chris, were unbelievably accommodating and extremely knowledgeable about their hotel's history as well as the history of all of Temecula.

This hotel is an absolute experience. I would recommend staying more than one night in order to fully enjoy everything the hotel and its hosts have to offer, as well as the town just one block away. It is located a block down from old 395 which has a ton of restaurants, shops and bars. The location could not have been better. The rooms were incredible, like a step back in time, never been to another hotel like it. Most comfortable bed I've ever slept in too!

Single best hotel or B&B experience my wife and I have ever had. This is the only place we plan on staying from now on when we stay up in Temecula

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the house
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 May 2017

The Hotel Temecula is not to be missed. The rooms are immaculate, the service is always with a smile or a story about the place and the beds are to sink into and never return. Don't miss this experience.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of their lovely grounds and historical outbuildings.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2017

I wanted to change things up for my wife and I starting our vacation out west and this place was a perfect change from our normal hotel stays. The hosts (Chris and Richard) could not have been more warm and welcoming. Their passion for the Temecula community and its long history really makes this hotel a unique and beautiful place to stay. I will say the bed is one of the most comfortable we have ever had at any hotel. The location could not be beat if you want to explore old town Temecula. Free parking on site is very convenient for anyone with a car. The hosts along with all of the amazing history of the hotel really make this a great place. Chris and Richard were even so kind to share a bottle of wine with us one evening as we got to know them around the kitchen table.

If you are an old west or history buff, then I couldn't imagine a better place to stay. For my wife and I, it was a nice change of pace that made us appreciate the times we live in along with the excitement of meeting new people in a B&B environment.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2016

Walking thru the doors of the old hotel, it's like you have been transported back into the days of the old west. You get the feeling that you are in a museum with so much Temecula History everywhere you look.

What an amazing opportunity to be able to book a room in the old hotel since this has been a private residence for many years and a curiosity for many locals.

The new owners, Chris and Richard, have made sure each guest has the opportunity to learn more of Temecula's history in a 5 star atmosphere. Heating and air to each room, extra comfy mattresses, supurb linens, every thing you would expect at the finest hotels. All of this in the heart of Old Town Temecula.

Our stay was extra special as some of the furniture in the hotel came from our family. Example, Room #1 has my husbands grandmothers bedroom set,(aunt Bessie's Room) the roll top desk in the entry was the desk my husbands grandfather (Judge Barnett) used when he was a judge in the valley in the 1940's, plus one of the dining tables also belonged to the family. So very nice that the furniture stayed in Temecula for future generations to enjoy. Added bonus is the wedding dress Bessie (grandmother) wore for her wedding to Ben Barnett (grandfather) in 1905 framed and hanging on the wall in the Bridal Suite

Kudos to Chris and Richard for keeping the Old West alive in the heart of Old Town Temecula.

Thanks for the memories!!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

We had the pleasure of having a large family gathering at the old hotel. Roomy enough for all of us! The history was amazing, as well as the owners! Chris & Rich are kind hearted, good people! Beds are comfy and all of the restoration is perfect. Great place for wedding, reunions, meetings, or just a romantic get away. Walking distance to all of old town and its many restaurants. Wonderful experience!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family