“Unique with a view”
Review of Luke's On Front

Luke's On Front
Ranked #48 of 426 Restaurants in Temecula
Reviewed 5 September 2017

I enjoyed the view and the drink. Other customers complained about the service but we didn't order food so I really can't address that issue. I will say the signs about not seating yourself are off putting and a bit insulting to customers. I understand the issue but I think there is a better way to state that. I'm not sure I would go here again because those signs just give a bad vibe of the attitude of the owners toward clientele. Sorry but it just does.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

This is one of my favorite places to go in Old Town. It isn't very large but the space is well utilized. The views of Old town at night are great and the staff is very attentive. There is live music on weekends and their bar opens to the outside for nice airflow during the hot months. The food is excellent as well. My favorite dish consists of lightly breaded chicken with mashed potatoes and grilled veggies. Great flavors and consistent every time I come in. Prices are about average compared to other places in there area. Definitely a place worth checking out.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

The restaurant is on the top (4th) floor of retail/office/apartment building. Entrance is on the side street and marked with a sign pointing you towards the small inside lobby elevator. Upon leaving the elevator on the 4th floor one has to make several turns before entering the restaurant. This lobby could be better furnished to give it an upscale look instead of the bland appearance it now offers.

Once inside the front wall opens up to the outside with an expansive view of Old Town. One of the side walls is primarily glass with outside patio seating as well with a fire pit. Seating is outside on the patios and inside at the bar and tables. This area is not air conditioned so can be uncomfortable if the warm temps bother you. There is a separate room with A/C, however, with a number of booths and tables. This room also is used as a conference room, banquet room, etc. so it may not always be available to the general public.

The atmosphere is modern chic and appealing. The restaurant was clean and well organized. Our party arrived approx. 3:20pm on a Saturday and we had no problem being immediately seated.

The menu covers appetizers, salads, sandwiches, and entrees. Pricing is on the high side. My wife drank water and I drank iced tea. We had 2 appetizers, she had a salad and I had a sandwich. The bill was $60. While not complaining, readers should understand you will be paying high prices, which are becoming the norm in the Old Town area.

The meatloaf sandwich was delicious and I would order it again, The scallop BLT and green bean appetizers were wonderful as was my wife's salad. The presentations were excellent and service was top shelf. Hannah was our server and she thoroughly answered questions about the menu. She has a pleasant personality and checked on us throughout our meal replacing drinks and removing plates as necessary.

I definitely encourage others to enjoy a meal and the exquisite view. The best views are on the patio or at the bar, however. This is a unique experience and one you should not miss. I would return based on this experience.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Very nice location, great patio and great view. Even though the place was busy, it was a bit understaffed on the Monday night we went. We had a larger group of 8, so we stood at the bar waiting for a table for 10-15 minutes and no one offered a drink (actually there was no on tending the bar). Finally sat down and things improved to some degree. Food was above average. Service was good, but waitress was definitely assigned to too many tables, and was running, so we felt rushed. Not nice enough for all the recent publicity. Service, staff to table ratio, and the basics of customer service (greeting bar tending) need some attention from Management. Not sure I will go back until things improve somewhat.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I worried about hosting a wedding rehearsal so far away (we're from Wisconsin), but the service we received at Luke's was beyond my expectations (food, service, audio-visual options, ambiance,etc.). Kelly Cusack (the proprietor) was so sensitive to the needs of our guests, and incredibly accommodating to my requests! Last-minute guest list changes didn't propose an obstacle; she found room for everyone, while maintaining an atmosphere of elegance. We also had some small children in attendance who received special plates of fries, just to keep them from getting too hungry before the meal was served. All these little extras had given all us the best of memories!!!