“Great food and excellent service”
Review of Chin's Gourmet

Chin's Gourmet
Ranked #43 of 425 Restaurants in Temecula
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We were staying at the nearby Fairfield Inn, so we stopped in for an early dinner.

We were greeted by a friendly hostess who sat us immediately. The waiter was there quickly and offered suggestions on the menu. We both opted for a "dinner special" which for $1 more, is one of the luncheon specials. I had the scallops and my wife had the walnut chicken. Both were flavorful and fresh. The scallops were sweet and tender. All the food tasted extremely fresh. The specials included a soup and an egg roll along with rice and the main course.

This is an "upscale" Chinese restaurant (table cloths, linen napkins) but the prices were very reasonable. The staff is friendly and attentive without hovering or being obtrusive.

I highly recommend Chin's Gourmet.. and I know we will return when we next visit Temecula.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Being a Chinese native and a food critic of some sort, I can assure you that Chin's Gourmet is the best Chinese restaurant in the area. Best food, best seating, best service, best value.

The owner Chin Tsai used to run over a dozen Chin's restaurants, most of which were sold over the last decade. This one is one of the 3 restaurants that he keeps running himself.

The food style here is Chinese fusion, but a very excellent type of fusion. I've tried several dishes here, and they were mostly excellent! Well, I'm very picky. So take this as a compliment for their food.

The decor was personally designed by Mr. Tsai, and is very tasteful and spacious.
The staff are all very friendly. If Mr. Tsai is in the restaurant, he may walk around and talk to the guests. He is super nice to talk to.

If you are in the area and crave Chinese food, this IS the place to go.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Hubby and I came here the other day for lunch and we were very happy! I ordered the Salt & Pepper Fish. He had the Egg Fu Young with shrimp. Both were very good. Service was exelent! Easy to find.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Went to Chin's based on TA reviews and ratings, and we were not disappointed. The staff were friendly and fast. The food was outstanding. We had the Red Red Shrimp and Treasures of the Sea. All of the seafood was cooked with expertise. The pawns and scallops couldn't have been more tender. The lo mein was not at all oily, which is what ruins it most times for me. The next time we are in Temecula we will definitely return.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

It has original, excellent food, made fresh to order and has excellent service too. They have an extensive menu and will make recommendations based on your specific desires.
Comfortable settings, with original Chinese furnishings around the restaurant.
The staff were attentive, yet not smothering. Plenty of parking and close to the freeway, should you be driving from farther away.

Overall a very good experience and satisfying visit.