See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Needed to stay close to my service in town and found Rodeway online... at first didn't look much and reviews didn't help - although people complaining of the hotel want to charge their room before she arrive at 10:00pm looks silly to me as if you make a reservation you will be charged showing or not at any hotel - well... arrived on a Friday afternoon and room was not ready (I was earlier). Waited on the front office while they prepare my room - and that's the only thing I can complain: the guest computer/printer at the "business center" (just a desk in the corner of the reception but ok to me) was not working....
When arrived at the room (103) what a nice surprise! Huge!! Cozy & comfortable!!!!
Perfectly clean with absolutely not even a tiny - and quite normal - hotel room smells! Nice TV, nice desk for working, a table for breakfast, fridge, microwave & Keurig coffee maker.
Really good bed/mattress/pillows combination -so difficult to find at hotels - and good bathroom.
Right in front of my room was the pool and hot tub (did not have time to use) that again some people complained to be "small"... what they want in a motel? Olympic size pool?
Price was a little higher than I expected on Friday & Saturday nights (around $150) but as the location is right in downtown old town is understandable. During week rates go down a lot (around $70).
Again can't tell if I was lucky to get the best room - don't think so - but highly recommend you give them a try.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2016

We didn't even get to stay here. When I reserved the room I took the "Pay at the Hotel" option since I was sharing with friends and figured it would be easier for us all to pitch in our cash when we got there. We went wine tasting during the day and continued into Old Town for the evening. At 7pm I got a phone call from the Rodeway Inn asking if we were still checking in. I said yes and expected to be there at 8pm. As soon as I realized we weren't going to make that I called them back and said that it would be closer to checking in at 10pm but we would be there. At 8:30pm she called me back an rudely told me that they had to charge my card because I wasn't there yet and needed to do in order to save the room. I told her I didn't want to do that yet because I wanted to pay cash for the room. She said no, they had to charge my card or they were giving the room away. I asked her to please wait until 10pm and if we are not there then charge my card. She would not do it. She was so rude and the worst customer service I have ever experienced at a hotel. After a discussion with the people in our group we decided we were ok to drive after a big dinner and decided not to stay and give this place a dime of our money. It's sad because the location is so nice within Old Town Temecula. But save yourself the grief and hassle and stay at the Motel 6. It's just as close and easy to get to Old Town.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2016

We stayed here for three days to participate in an event in Old Town. The best thing I can say about this hotel is that it's location is great. You are in town and you can walk to everything. The city has improved it's parking situation (it use to be awful on the weekends) so it's not so difficult now to park in town. It still is nice to just park your car at the hotel and go from there. The service workers were very pleasant but the family in the office was very curt/rude and did not try to be helpful. The pool is very small. Both the pool and spa look like they need to be refurbished. The breakfast is a joke, forget it. they do have a keurig, frig and microwave in he room so that was a plus. Would I recommend this place, no way!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank sandramJ3690YI
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

I read the reviews after my stay was already prepaid and I was ready for the worst but you get what you pay for. This is not the Westin or the Ritz. But you are not paying those prices. You get a hotel room where you can walk out your door to explore downtown old temecula and not have to worry about parking. There is a fridge to put last night's left overs and coffee and a banana you can grab while to get ready for breakfast at Mo's Eggs and may need to wait. The place is old but when you are on vacation, sometimes location is more important than modern and the air conditioner did work

Stayed: July 2016
2  Thank jkahn95600
Reviewed 23 July 2016

I like to stay in Temecula once in a while and usually at a 4 Diamond Resort close by,
However rooms were not available so I took a chance on the Rodeway Inn.
Glad I did I checked in a little early in 104 Temperature so I was a little concerned about" Motel Air-conditioning" .No issues the room was very nice with a great air conditioner (Mitsubishi Style).
Everything was okay for a reasonable rate, No Noise or loud neighbors.
I will go back ..

Room Tip: Lower Floor was ok for me ,No Freeway Noise or traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends