“Good lunch, Great Prices”
Review of mazatlan grill

mazatlan grill
Ranked #6 of 46 Restaurants in Susanville
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Quality Food And Atmosphere In Remote Town
Description: Quality Food And Atmosphere In Remote Town
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Stopped in for lunch today. We drive through Susanville about once a year, and there really are not that many restaurants.

We stopped here for lunch and were pleasantly surprised - great chicken burrito with rice and beans, plus a shredded beef taco salad, plus a draft dark Modelo beer and an ice tea for just $17.00 Great value.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Went to Mazatlan last night with some friends. It was less than impressive. I ordered the "Mazatlan Special", and it was "special" all right! Between fighting off the yellow jacket, the flies and the gnats hovering over our food, I was served with very few shrimp, the smallest piece of chicken I have ever eaten and "carne asada" that was more gristle than actual meat. Our waiter barely came back to check up on us. He certainly didn't even bother refilling our drinks. I had to signal another waiter to bring me the sour cream I ordered, which I was charged for.

So, if you want to experience a meal with poor service in a restaurant that provides barely edible food, Mazatlan Grill is the place.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Great Mexican food, we stopped by because of its ranking in Susanville and we weren't disappointed. The children's dinner was perfect and the pork burritos were delicious. Generous proportions for their dinners and they gave us two baskets of chips for our family of four! I'd heard from a local they had the best margaritas in town, but I didn't try them. We will definitely stop by again if we travel back to Susanville.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Although the better Mexican restaurants in town, the food is consistently average. Not great but not bad. The service and the people that work there are awesome. Friendly and personable.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Love the menu and the flexibility. You can change around anything you want. Super service, never had to wait long and they have really flavorful food. Seafood with a Mexican flair is amazing and I highly recommend you try the Seafood Burrito if you like seafood. Typically a little cold so bring a sweater.