“What a find !! Great place to stay !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Apple Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Susanville
Apple Inn Motel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Susanville
Sacramento
“What a find !! Great place to stay !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

This small motel was so clean and the owners so friendly that it really made the day for 3 folks that were on motorcycles all day. The price was great. I requested an extra pillow and was given one gladly. The owner gave us old towels to clean the bugs off of our motorcycles. There is a gas station and mini mart next door...perfect !! They have a grass sitting area under a gazebo where we spent the evening re-living our last 7 days on bikes. A true Mom & Pop motel that was a gem to find !! At check in, they gave us all sorts of coupons for use at the near by Casino. We'll stay again if ever in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank bigdogbandit1
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

I have stayed at the Apple Inn 3-5 days each month for about 3 years and love it. As a single woman I feel very safe and well looked after. The couple who own and manage this delightful motel knew my name after my first stay. I once left an important item behind and it was mailed to me. I have left other items behind and find it in a bag in my room with my name on it when I arrive the following month. One winter the owners called me with a weather advisory before I left on my trip!

There are fancier (& more expensive) motels in Susanville and I have tried several before landing permanently at the Apple Inn.

Downside: small shower stalls and electrical outlets not always conveniently located. I enjoy a thicker towel and bring my own.

The room is ALWAYS pristine clean. The maid has been with them for years and is a lovely woman. The owner couple are just plain good folks and I will miss them when my trips come to an end.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
5 Thank ckhSanFrancisco
Elma, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2010

We were very pleasantly surprized when we found this gem of a motel.

It was a late night when we drove by and called the Motel inquiring on a room. The person that answered the phone was absolutely pleasant, and we told her we'd be there in 10 minutes. When we drove up, she was walking back to the office and had already turned the heat up in the room, which my wife thought was nice. We were truly taken aback when our hostess handed us a bag and offered us treats from a large basket in the office lobby. (really nice treats, too!)

The room was very affordable and certainly better appointed than most lower cost motels. Very spacious, very clean, and very fresh. Plenty of hot water in the shower, and an old school convection heater that really kept the room comfy and cozy!

The only reason why we gave a rating of 4 instead of 5 was the bed. It just wasn't as comfortable as some of the other motels we've been at, but definitly not the worst!!!

We really liked this place, our host for the evening was most gracious and really went out of our way to make sure we had a great stay.

I am in the hospitality business and I manage the maintenance at several hotels in Washington and Oregon. When I travel for pleasure, I stay at Mom and Pop Motels, exclusively. The folks at Apple Inn definetly have thee right idea when it comes to hospitality!

Thanks for a great stay! Rey and Susan.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple