See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Definitely an older place, but the price was right and it had the features we needed. Snappy fast internet. Comfie bed. Desk, fridge, microwave, small coffeemaker. Another nice benefit: could walk to dinner at the Happy Garden! Quite welcome after a long day of driving.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LovesNeon
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Second time staying here. Comfortable bed and very nice staff. Always like staying where I can park my motorcycle right outside my room. Owner, Ming, was very accommodating in making a change to my reservation.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Greg S
Reviewed 28 August 2017

The Diamond View Motel only has eight rooms. It's an older motel and the rooms are a little small. But, mine was clean and the bed comfortable. Pretty good wifi, too. There is no breakfast, but for the price that's not a problem. There's an IGA supermarket one block up. I stayed here for Lassen Volcanic National Park. It's definitely nothing fancy, but you can't beat the price. I wouldn't have a problem staying here again. I almost missed it when I drove by. Just look for the traffic light with the Burger King and Chevron station.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2017

I spent the night and I thought the place was very nice.The outside is a work in progress.My room was clean and very nice.The owners were nice also and welcoming.It was the cheapest place in Susanville.I will stay again

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2017

The Diamond View Motel offers for sure some of the best rates in Susanville but according to my experience you don't even get what you pay for. Upon cheking in I explicitly asked for a room with a clean bed. I know it should be unnecessary to make such a request but my experiences taught me that often it is. The owner/manager in a hardly undestandable english granted me that the bed was clean for sure and she expressed deep blame towards those motels that do not change bed linens. Once in my room nevertheless I had a look at the sheets and I discovered some long dark hair. I reported my complain to the same woman who replied that it was probably due to the laundry process (????!!!). I asked to have the linens changed and in order to facilitate the chore I just put a beer in the fridge and I went to a nearby shopping centre. Once back the sheets had actually been changed but even the new ones were not impeccable. At least nobody had slept on them before.. The room, small even for a single customer, was equipped with fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Not hygienic at all having the creamer in an old dirty diner type dispenser. The bed was little comfortable and grinding and the bathroom devoid of any towel holder. In short, one of those motels where you hope the morning is coming soon. But even the morning can offer a final surprise. The beer I put in the fridge before having the bed linens changed had vanished. Either it was stolen by the owner/manager or, aware that the room cleanliness was poor, she checked the fridge status and thought it had been forgotten by a previous guest. In both cases it was the proof of an unprofessional and fooling behavior. No use to say nobody was available in the morning to report even this fact. Would I stay at teh Diamond View Motel again? NO. Would I recommend it a friend? No way.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo