All reviews coffee bar non smoking indoor pool security guard food voucher restaurant service smoking area smoke free in town nice hotel rooms are clean the room was nice would stay again comfy bed road trip staff was friendly lobby
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am always treated with respect, any issues get handled imediatly with out any hassle, it's always clean, safe, and comfortable never a bad visit, and never disappointed and the restrooms always clean and fresh

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I can’t believe that I’m writing this review on a place that I have always loved. We have stayed here every year for the past 6 years on our way to North CA and it has always been wonderful. We watched it progress and had been impressed. That is until this year. First I’m going to say that the employees here are the nicest and most accommodating in the industry. This is the only reason I gave it 3 Stars. This review has nothing to do with them but more with management. As far as the casino itself, it needs alittle updating to catch up with the times. Their ventilation system is terrible. It has always been smoky in there but this time is was almost unbearable. They have a small no smoking area but the machines in there are old. We have been in small casinos in New Mexico and they seem to be able to control the smoke.

My biggest disappointment this year was our hotel room (#410). When we checked in at 3:00, we took our bags to the room and went back down to the casino. A few hours later we returned to the room, went into the bathroom and found (without going into detail) that the toilet was backed up. Keep in mind that we hadn’t had a chance to use it. How exactly did housekeeping miss this? This makes me worry that they are not cleaning the toilets between occupants. I called down to the desk and the woman was so nice. Apologized and said it would be taken care of right away. We left the room, went to dinner, played and returned around 9. The bathroom was all cleaned and bleached. Now we decided that we would watch alittle TV. No, this was not going to happen. The remote would not work. My husband went down to the desk to get new batteries (same sweet woman put in new batteries). Husband returns, and still nothing. We called down and she said she would send someone. Very nice maintenance man comes up immediately. He tries to reboot the TV BUT nothing helps. He said he would go find someone else. We decided that since it was now going on 10 and we were on EST time we would just go to bed! Now I bet you think this is the end of my review but NO wait, there is more. When I decided to take my shower this morning, to my surprise was that only about 20 holes were open in the shower head. Makes it hard to rinse your hair! I wanted to leave a note on it saying that if you soak the head in vinegar it cleans them......that’s what we do at home. And lastly, the back of the hair dryer was either melted or broken.

My husband and I were joking that the hotel was all set for Halloween and that maybe our room was actually part of it! Needless to say, this visit to the Diamond Mountain Casino was a big disappointment. Will I stay again next year? I don’t know!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dillyd
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Smoking smell terrible. room only fair at best. Would i stay there again, No
drive a little further into Reno, plenty of choices of hotels.
Food at this hotel just fair. breakfast was fair.
One of the poorest spots I stay at during a 8 day trip.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 29 September 2018

When we drove out west and started our journey across California, we stayed in Susanville. We found the DMH and were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and comfy. The staff at the desk were polite and helpful. The dining area was fine, with a discount given at breakfast. The value was very reasonable. If we head out that way again, I would definitely stay.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Our room was spacious, clean and smoke free. Unfortunately the lobby of the hotel reeks of smoke from the attached casino. Staff are very efficient, efficient and helpful. We would return if in the area.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple