“Outstanding service!!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Oakland, California
“Outstanding service!!!”
Reviewed 10 September 2011

The rooms are not only clean and comfortable, with many upgraded amenities like the Keurig coffeemaker (so convenient!) and nice toiletries, but had some thoughtful design details, like pine doors and oversize headboard, that made it warmer and more welcoming than your average hotel room, especially for the price. Comfy bed with plenty of pillows. Dining options at the restaurant and for room service were great and super well-priced, and the grill-bar area had booths with individual television sets - neat! What really stood out for us was the service, from check-in to restaurant service to check-out, everyone was attentive and friendly, and really seemed to care about providing great service. More than that, hubby lost his cell phone and didn't realize it until we were on our way home, so we called to ask about it and when housekeeping didn't find it, they sent a manager to look for it (it was kicked under the bed somehow). They called us immediately when they found it, and sent it back to us by priority mail at no charge. Thanks to the management and staff, a potentially stressful situation was avoided, and we couldn't be more grateful. We definitely will be back when we visit the area.

Room Tip: Fourth floor is the highest, rooms with microwaves/fridges don't cost much more and are convenie...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank xcluex
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
I cannot thank you enough for your glowing review. the person who followed up on your lost phone and made sure it got to you was our desk staff and particularly, Heather, who loves helping people. We are fortunate to have her and all our staff.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Elko, NV
Reviewed 27 July 2011

When I entered the casino looking for registration, a friendly security guard walked me to the registration desk. Check in was quick and efficient. When I walked info the room I was quite pleasantly surprised. Nice room with fresh new linens (feather duvet), a variety of pillows to choose from, a kuerig coffee maker, flat screen large tv, desk with free wi-fi, make up remover towelettes, and the standard tioletries. I was able to charge our good dinner and breakfast to the room and check out quickly as well. The indoor heated pool & spa were nice for my son and they although I didn't use it, there was a laundry room with 2 washers & dryers along with an arcade in the same room. I was very pleased with this hotel/casino at a very reasonable rate of $77. Well worth the price.

• Stayed July 2011
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2011
Thank you very much. We took a basic Holiday Inn Express mold and made all the upgrades we could think of. Gary
Northern California
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed here in between camping destinations (Eagle Lake & Lassen). The room had a king bed as requested and was very clean and comfortable. It also had a nice flat screen TV and a three-person comfortable couch that could fold out into a bed. We had the third floor and everywhere we walked the floor creaked. We didn't hear anyone above us, but we felt sorry if anyone was below due to the creaky floor. The shower had nice water pressure and was great, the tub had a good non-slip floor to it. The sink however was extremely slow to drain.
We enjoyed our stay in the room, and the restaurant there had a good choices on the menu if you like simple coffee shop type restaurants. The food was good. The employees were friendly, but the service at the coffee / pastry bar in the morning was poor. Nobody was there and after waiting 5-6 minutes for someone to show up to wait on us, we waited another 5-6 minutes after the desk called for someone to assist us, so an overall wait of 10-12 minutes (with no other customers) just to get coffee and a muffin. (This was the coffee bar across from the front desk, not the restaurant, which had great service). Although we did not use the pool and fitness room the pool and hot tub looked nice, but had an overpowering chlorine smell in the swimming pool room. The fitness room had a universal weight machine and 2 or 3 pieces of cardio equipment.

Part of our reason for staying here was to play a little bit at the casino. We played the multi-game poker machines at the bar, had a couple of drinks and watched the Giants win on their many TV's (sports bar like atmosphere). The casino web site made it appear the casino had blackjack and Ultimate Texas hold-em poker tables, but all we could find was three blackjack tables stuck together in a corner with nobody playing and no dealer around so we didn't get to play as we had desired. I could not find a hold'em table at all. The casino is very small, but overall we had fun, and again had a nice comfortable stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank machete
Thank you very much. Our staff really appreciates all your kind words. The only constant in this business is change, we appologize that our website did not keep up with our poker room changes, I believe it is set right now and thanks for the heads up. Gary
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I stayed at the Hotel July 2010, the weekend of the fair, for my 8th grade class reunion..Diamond View Class of 1984. I grew up in Susanville and hadn't been back since 1989 so this trip a lot to me.

I was the organizer of the event and began my planning a couple moths in advance with Cathy Morrison, the hotel Sales Manager. She was wonderful!! Helped me in deciding the menu...gave me suggestions and ideas and was all around a wonderful person. The hotel staff was amazing...and Kim Baxley...AWESOME...she was soo great that evening while we were having the reunion. Helpful, sweet and truly knows the meaning of customer service.

The room was a wonderful surprise. Sometimes rooms on the web site do not always look the same in person...not here!! Very clean!! Loved the space, decor and the beds....soooo comfy!! I was extremely tired from flying all day, driving to Susanville from Reno and then staying up pretty late....and I slept like a baby!! I have never slept on a hotel bed that comfortable.

I only ate breakfast at the hotel....but very good and very well priced. Went to the Willow Room the next night after getting back from the fair...beautiful room! They were having anothe reunion that night in the WR and there was a lot of fun to be had!!

I am not a smoker...so, that's the only (and it's a tiny one) negative for me. I see that was a concern for several of the othe people who wrote reviews on here. I know there are commercial air filtering systems made specifically for bars where cigarette smoke is an issue....if you could eliminate that one issue...there would no negatives!!

The staff was very friendly and all around a really great group of people. I would highly reccomnd this Hotel and faciility. In fact, I'm planning a trip two summers from now for my family and can't wait to come back to Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank angelswdf
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2011
Kathy,
Thank you so very much. I will let Cathy and Kim know of your kind words for them, they both work very hard to keep our guests comfortable and happy.
Gary
Chico, California
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I am a nurse, travel a lot and am critical about cleanliness. My room was extremely clean and tastefully decorated (enjoyed the American Indian power animal art). The bed was comfy to sleep on (yes, only 4 stars, that is my own idiosyncrasy - I never have an excellent night's sleep when I work/travel). The shower was great and the granite countertops were roomy. Had the small rib eye, "cook your own steak", one evening, which was delicious, tender. The fixings were perfect - felt like I had my own at home barbeque without having to clean up the mess. Ate two meals at the restaurant - nutritious and fairly priced. My only suggestion is to add squaw bread with salads/entrees (don't need a whole loaf, just a couple of slices). ALL of the staff, from reception to checkout was kind and considerate. When I arrived home, realized that I had left an important item in my room - phoned the facility, the receptionist located my lost item within two minutes, the general manager phoned me the following day & swiftly mailed it to me. I will be back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank eastwesttravelers
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2011
All of our housekeeping staff thanks you for your kind words. They work very hard and appreciate it very much when they are noticed. Gary