“Al pastor tacos! ”

Ruby's Taqueria
Ranked #66 of 425 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

Started eating here about 8 years ago and still love the food. Consistently good tacos burritos and combo plates. The Al pastor is always tasty and is my go to in just about anything.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

We asked a close by gas station for a recommendation of a restaurant. Walking there was an adventure, but the menu was really authentin Mexican and the food was really good and tasty. This is not a white-tablecloth place, and very popular also for take-away. Strongly recommended.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank Sanski66
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Just a hole in the wall, so to speak, that serves the most wonderful tasty Mexican lunches, quickly and without fanfare. With over 40 items on the menu, it is hard to know what to pick. The photos of each dish on the wall help narrow the selection and then as you get to the cashier, you see there are more decisions on what goes inside (Carne Asada, Chicken, Carnitas, etc. ) The green chili enchiladas, filled with grilled chicken was nothing less than phenomenal, served piping hot with mouth popping flavors. The horchata was freshly made and tasty as well. For décor, there is nothing fancy here. It is just linoleum topped tables with SF football memorabilia everywhere. The covered picnic areas outside offer a great way to enjoy your lunch and the pleasant weather that Sunnyvale always seems to enjoy.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Ruby's has outdoor seating but when I visited it was filled with men sitting and standing around all the tables drinking beer. I didn't feel too comfortable inside the restaurant since everyone was speaking Spanish and I don't know Spanish. When it came time to place my order at a counter, the person taking it did speak to me in English so all communication was not lost. I paid first and sat down at a table awaiting for my food to get cooked. The food wasn't brought to me as there is no wait staff here. I had to go pick it up near the counter in which I initially placed my order. The tables to sit at were all dirty. I cleaned off as much of the previous guests mess that I could with some napkins. I had the Camarones a la Diabla ($12.99) to eat and a Corona beer ($3.68) to drink. The spicy shrimp came with refried beans, rice, and tortillas. The tortillas were warm, shrimp plentiful, sauce spicy, and beans were quite good. I was pleased with the food and the amount of it for the cost. There was a beer limit of 3 although one was all I cared for here. The atmosphere and service were both lacking.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 5 October 2015

By definition a taqueria is an inexpensive Mexican restaurant where you usually order at a window so it is not a nice sit-down restaurant. This taqueria was in a small shopping center and offers tables to eat at. You should be aware that there is no menu per se. They have the basic food categories such as tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and basic fillings toppings and sauces. If you don't know what you want going in then take a few minutes and look at the pictures on the walls. The food was quite good and very inexpensive. Overall I recommend this place for Mexican food.

Date of visit: September 2015