“Good facility--staff not so great” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale

Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Lake Arrowhead, California
“Good facility--staff not so great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

The Sundowner Inn is a great place to stay, as far as the rooms and location. The staff were great at check-in, but totally unresponsive after checking in. My blow dryer was not working on the first morning and when I called to the front desk, she said she would send maintenance up. I asked for her to send a blow dryer, but she said maintenance would be up immediately. I waited 15 minutes, but had to leave. I was very disappointed. No one ever came and fixed the dryer, so I had no dryer the next morning either. A simple thing, but frustrating.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Colleen74_11
ckshah, Owner at Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 24 October 2011
Thank you for your kind comment on our facility, I am sad to hear the staff did not get you the hair dryer when you needed it. I will personally make sure this is a topic of discussion this week in the staff training meeting. Meeting your expectations is a priority.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

This place is disgusting! I went to my room and sat on the bed figuring out I need to get to the marriot, Sheraton,....wherever, and the headboard falls off. Maintenance comes and re-hangs...yes I said that right. Hung my suit and hangers were taped with packing tape. The alarm clock? I think they bought it in my grandmas garage sale. And folks this is outdoor room entry. Straight up ghetto feel. Like your neighbor should be a hooker. Place needs some serious overhaul

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank Daron27
At the Sundowner Inn we strive for affordable room rates and a happy guest experience. I regret we did not meet your expectations. We are currently upgrading and improving our room amenities. I do thank you for your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Sunnyvale hotels

Los Angeles, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

The location was extremely convenient. The room was big and seemed clean. If you're just staying for the night and plan to get up early I'd recommend. If you want to sleep in, maybe you should ask for a room as far away from the lobby as possible. Starting at 7 am on Sunday there was not only noise from departing guests (I assume), but carts were being rolled back and forth on the concrete with no more than 5 minutes in between. Then the cleaning lady opened our door at 8:30 in the morning. We were just there for one night - why would you think it's necessary to clean the room before the guest checks out? And before most people would probably consider getting up on a Sunday morning.

There was no book in the room to tell of the hotel ammenities, how to get to the breakfast, or how to open the gate to get into the pool area.

I'd recommend if you just need a place to crash, but I'm not so sure the experience of a leisurely vacation would be found here.

Room Tip: get the highest number room possible and maybe you'll avoid the excess noise. Starting from 101...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ckshah, Owner at Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Thank you for your comments on your clean room. I appreciate your time and your feedback regarding our housekeeping staff, all comments help us to consistently improve our guests experience. Many thanks!
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

Step 1: check into hotel
Step 2: sit down on bed (leaning back onto headboard)
Step 3: Wait 15 minutes
Step 4: Watch the bedbugs crawl out from behind the mattress and the headboard
Step 5: Get the **** out of there
Step 6: Post a review at Tripadvisor

Room Tip: Procure biosafety level 4 gear prior to your stay
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
9 Thank roger d
Murphy, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

Pros:Great location
Good price

Cons:
Unfriendly staff
Bad breakfast
Being woken up every morning at 7am by someone with a leaf blower

Room Tip: Find another hotel to stay at
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank cindyn62
ckshah, Owner at Days Inn & Suites Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 25 September 2011
I am saddened to hear of your concerns, we are grateful you gave us the opportunity for your lodging needs and saddened we did not meet your expectations. Your comments make us better, I have added additional staff training to make a better experience. Thank You again, I hope you will give us another try in the future.