“Good food, small portions”
Review of Chelokababi

Chelokababi
Ranked #14 of 434 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 28 October 2018

I am confused between 3 and 4 stars for this place.

The service took a while but the servers are warm and friendly.

The food is quite decent but the portions, for the amount they charge, is less. Definitely worth trying Persian food from here but might not go back if I am very hungry.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We had the mahi kabab, the gheymeh, mast khiar, and salads. All of the food was fresh, timely, and tasted delicious! The service was impeccable. We’ve been here a few times now and every time we leave pleased.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 18 August 2018

The place is expensive and had average bread/pita. The veggie dish that I tried was OK. Not memorable but not bad either. The hummus was fine. Service was just average. Didn't stop by to ask us if we needed anything more.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 17 August 2018

We went to this restaurant based on the often positive views expressed on Trip Advisor.

The location might discourage one, as the restaurant is buried in a small mall with little that is inviting to the exterior view. But like a pomegranate, the inside experience is sweet, and unique to 'Persia'.

We were given a small, partly enclosed booth, containing a painting referencing The service was swift and gracious. Our questions were thoroughly answered. We ordered kababs, which turned out to be cooked in a way that kept them moist and delicious, not the typical dried out version. The rice was fluffy and delicious, as well.

I tried a drink called Sekanjebin which is now my fave. It consists of cold, shredded cucumber, honey and a touch of vinegar. And I left with a Turkish coffee to go. Beats Starbuck's any time.

We will return any time we are in the area.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

First time at a Persian Restaurant. Enjoyed it from start to finish. Enter the place was greeted and seated immediately. Waiter was quick to get to the table....the food was great. I ordered the Shish Kabob out was fortunate to be able to sample the offerings that others in my party ordered. It was all very tasty. Although the restaurant is not close to where we live, We will be back!

Date of visit: July 2018