Ahhh.. The Corporate inn... A corporate firendly place right? Weeeeellll... We shall see. The hotel resides on a busy street on El Camino Real, which is one of the main thoroughfares in Sunnyvale. Several key points hold this hotel down.
1. Very limited shuttle service. Shuttle runs with a 72 hour notice and between 8-5. Not a good way to help the business traveler. If you bill yourself as a corporate hotel (with Corporate in it's name even) you better pull through, and this is a MAJOR problem. To the manager: Partner with another hotel, or hire someone, you NEED to fix this, or change your name.. honestly.
2. No business area. How can you call yourself a business hotel without easier access to a printer or fax? Sure the hotel will print a few pages for you, or rent you a notebook pc, but this is a stopgap, not a solution. Again.. you have the word Corporate in your name..
3. Front desk does not present themselves as a help, only a last resort. Several times the front desk could not come up with solutions, nor even try to help, when crisis arose. for example: When enterprise (We WON'T pick you up) refused rental delivery (I'm sorry, you are more than 4 miles away, we don't train are drivers to go 7 miles, that's 24 cents more in gas!), the hotel refused to shuttle to the airport, even though it was over 72 hour notice, because it was earlier than 8am... the Corporate name apply's here.. again.,. Detecting a theme here?
4. Coffemaker failed to work. Only a few outlets in the room worked. I realize that California has power grid issues, but refusing a business traveler coffee? ugh. (Asked front desk to fix, however nothing done)
5. Comcast cable with no info about programming, and unable to find free HBO. Not there. honestly. HBO booklet was there, but no channel.
6. Not a business issue, but the pool area is in a horrble location. Who came up with the pool in the middle of the main drag? So everyone can see you? From the street even? and from their room balconies? The water is always freezing.. The hot tub is TINY. I mean Paris and her sister could MAYBE squeeze in there.
7. If tinkling sounds make you pee, avoid this hotel. The courtyard has a loud fountain, and with the windows closed you hear a constant tinkle sound.. at least from my room.
8. This hotel is RIGHT ON THE STREET. I can't emphasize this enough. If there is a firetruck or police car at 1am you may jump out of your bed screaming for your mother, it is that loud. Luckily, this happened only occasionally.
Several items were very pleasant however.
1. The room is furnished very nicely. Counter area for laptop
2. There IS free wireless and also a T1 for those without.
3. Breakfast is quite tolerable, if a bit limited compared to say a LaQuinta.
4. People are friendly when approached, however do not really go out of their way to greet.
5. Free paper on weekdays.
6. Beds are comfy, with no critters.
7. Lots of storage areas.
8. Rooms are large.
9. Beds are very comfortable.
In conclusion I would recommend this hotel at a reduced rate if you traveled with a rental car (Not Enterprise.. don't hurt yourself like that), and expected no business related help from the hotel, do not like coffee, are a very sound sleeper, and have a great body for everyone to see at the pool..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corporate Inn Sunnyvale offers spacious studio suites with full kitchenettes, complimentary buffet breakfast served daily, free Internet access and meeting space all within minutes from downtown San Jose in Silicon Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Corporate Inn Sunnyvale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corporate Hotel Sunnyvale