“Flavorful Phở, Recently Accepting Cash Only”
Review of Pho Nam Restaurant

Pho Nam Restaurant
Ranked #72 of 379 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Hot, flavorful Phở as well as vermicelli and rice dishes. I like their grilled pork over rice as option to the Phở. They serve fresh spring rolls and fried rolls too with a deliciously sweet, tart and salty dipped sauce.

Their drink menu is extensive, including iced tea, coconut water and strong Vietnamese coffee served dripping over ice "Café Sua Da" which is ideal to take away for your afternoon jolt of sweet caffeine! Thank the French for leaving this treat in Vietnam!

We are always greeted with smiles and quick service.
Take cash as lately that's all they accept.

1  Thank Melanie J
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Pho Nam Restaurant

Reviewed 3 March 2015

An honest bowl of Pho with good quality ingredients or a bowl of bun (dry noodles) with salad ingredients and grilled pork which you dress with a vinegary sauce. Just very satisfying, very comfort food. Nothing remarkable and nothing fancy for sure, but good for what we expect.

Reviewed 4 February 2015

Excellent grilled pork and egg roll Bun today for lunch. An hour later and I'm still really full. Flavor of meat was great, and service fast. The place is clean and cool, and really busy. Stop in and enjoy, the Pho aroma will make your stomach growl.

Reviewed 15 December 2014

Nam has been here forever! The pho is consistently good with real flavors and authenticity. Prices are much more reasonable than other pho places nearby, and portions are filling. Soup is always hot which I like because it cooks the bean sprouts. Lukewarm broth is the worst. Very friendly service, and soup comes out fast. It's one of my regular stops whenever I'm in the mood for pho

1  Thank Jollygirl2013
Reviewed 23 November 2014

On this cold November evening, I was getting over a cold, and wanted something close by to warm me up, and decided to head over to Pho Nam, one of a string of Vietnamese noodle soup restaurants in the area.

We don't go to Pho Nam very often, as we have so many restaurants to go to using discount coupons, and Pho Nam never has a discount coupon. However, even my tight fisted ex-wife from Hong Kong, who never went anywhere without a coupon, relented on this one, as Pho Nam is about the least expensive sit down restaurant you can go to , outside of fast food restaurants.

Pho Nam is located in a building with a very steep roof, and A shaped on the end. Quick, which fast food restaurant is A shaped on the end! Der Wienersnitzel! (whoops, almost mispelled the n with an h!) That was the restaurant located here 20 years ago!

We go on in, and there is a sign on the door stating 'cash only'. Not sure what they do, when the customer has insufficient cash -wash dishes, like in the Charlie Chaplin movies!?

The wife orders the large $7.75 seafood pho, and I order the large $7.85 Beef Stew over rice, with an order of $2.85 spring rolls. Actually there is no need for the appetizer, as the dishes come all at once in about 4 minutes! I guess the cook still thinks he's at Der Wiernsnitzel! That's fast for a hot dish!

Vietnamese spring rolls are not my favorite, but these filled with rice and vegetables are accompanied by some dipping sauce with real kick!

The wife's dish comes with rice noodles,green vegetables, 4 shrimp, 5 shrimp balls, several slices of squid, and several pieces of artificial crab -the white fish with the artificial red and white streak on the top. The dish is delicious, with a fish broth flavor and not too much grease floating on the top., and could serve 2 adults, if they weren't as hungry as we were!

My beef stew dish looks like a soup, until I dip my soup spoon into the brown soup, and hit two large 4" x 1" x 1" chunks of beef. I kid you not, this is the mother of all beef stew soups! A bit on the greasy side, with a orange slime on the sides, but definitely a dish for 2 adults, even us 2 hungry adults!

We get out of there for $20 after tax, before tip, and leave the cash at the front counter. Meanwhile, there are the usual young Asian girls emptying their purses at the counter, trying to get those last coins to cover the meal, cash only. You've got to know your math, and exactly how much cash you have on hand, before you come, or you too may be washing dishes!

1  Thank robert c