“The Cockroach Infected< Disguesting Management Hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Howard Johnson Stockton

Howard Johnson Stockton
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Stockton
California
“The Cockroach Infected< Disguesting Management Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2007

The parking lot is full and the security is weak so you cannot be secure with your vehicle because the neighborhood is undesireable. The owner allows people from neighboring buisinesses to rent his lot.
The breakfast was a joke.
The room was dirty. Very unsanitary and had roaches.
The night manager was very disrespectful and unproffesional.
The owners are very unproffessional and have no business working with the public. Unproffesional decisions and attitude.
I made arrangements to stay with my crew for over a month as we were working nearby , when I informed the manager I needed to check out he refused to make the financial agreement fair out of greed, therefore losing my business as well as my respect.

I will never stay here again...
CPM Contractors
BULLDOG

Stayed August 2007
5 Thank TammyHein
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2006

Stayed here for a night during a drive from Sacramento to San Diego. Picked it based on low rates and free internet access and continental breakfast.

It was okay. Think Motel 6. It was mostly clean and I didn't see anything that alarmed me although my feet did get dirty walking on the carpets. Bed was comfortable.

It wasn't in the greatest area, but I didn't feel unsafe. Not too many dining choices in the area without hopping in the car. The continental breakfast was standard hotel fare.

It's not the best place I've stayed, but I'd stay there for a night again if I had to.

• Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
1 Thank ltdscott
Granite Bay, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2005

Don't believe the 3 star or even the 2 star ratings this place gets. We checked in late-nite and very tired. The desk clerk finished what sounded like a personal call before she decided to check us in. She told her caller something like "No I,m not busy...just a reservation.". She was clearly either untrained or fully disinterested in her job. Our room had seen a whole lot of wear-and tear and very little (if any) cleaning or maintenance for some time. The night-latch on the door had been forced open in the past and the "repair" job they did made it less than useless. I moved a table and chair against the door for the night. The sheets were freshly laundered but were dingy and still had small blood-like stains on them. Worst of all was the FILTHY CARPET !! It was wet in places and the bottoms of our slippers turned BLACK with filth from just walking across it. It was too late to find another hotel that night so the next morning I told the morning desk clerk what was wrong with the room and that were were cancelling the remainder of our 3-day reservation. He explained that because the room was near the pool that previous occupants had probably got the floor wet. He offered no price adjustment and when I brought up the subject he refused any compensation. We checked into the Holiday Inn Express in Lodi and for just a few dollars more got an excellent room and even better service. I used to stay at Howard Johnson's about 10 years ago and was very satisfied. What Happened ???????

9 Thank small-bucks

Travellers are raving about these Stockton hotels