All reviews ping pong front desk full size refrigerator downtown stockton shuttle service fire pit baseball stadium outdoor area restaurant bar nice amenities flat screen tv the hotel is clean great customer service upon check road trip parking lot courtyard
Reviewed 8 September 2015

Great place for a family stay given the pool and outside play are. Regular rooms were fine. The suite was really nice if you can do it. Restaurant food and service was great. Ask for Charles as your waiter!

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 7 September 2015

We were on our two week road trip travelling from Vancouver, BC, to San Diego. Our second night stay was at this hotel. After travelling 10 hours (with bathroom breaks) on the I 5, we pulling just before 5:00 pm. We were told the parking lot across the street with be patrolled from 11:00 pm to 8:00 am in the morning. It made me think, 'Oh, dear! Will our car be safe?' It worked out fine.

We didn't feel like drive out again to eat, so ate downstairs in the hotel. The meal was average. The staff was friendly. We could see the lovely swimming pool outside. Too bad we got in a bit late for the kids (age 7) to go swimming.

Our room was nice and roomy for the 4 of us. The bathroom was very nice and roomy. Lots of room to move around and get ready for bed. At one point, there were 3 of us in the bathroom at the same time and still have plenty of room.

The bed was so comfy, especially after a long drive, we all need a good night sleep. The air conditioning unit was a bit loud, but we actually turned it off prior to sleeping.

Since we were heading the San Diego for the next leg of our trip, it was suggested that we must leave before 7:00 am to beat the rush hour traffic. We were told by the front desk, that the I 5 would be totally crawling with cars trying to get to San Francisco. And it would take 90 minutes just to get to Tracy (the exit for San Francisco). So we planned well, grabbed some food at the local grocery store after dinner (for the next day's breakfast and snacks) and actually got in the car by 6:45am!! And the traffic was great at that time. Only took 15 minutes to get to Tracy.

I am glad I asked for advice from the staff. They were all very helpful. And I would hate to be stuck in traffic.

During this road trip, we stayed at 6 hotels, and this was one hotel that we would stay at again in the future.

3  Thank twinmom01
Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

I pulled local hotels and went with this one. Best decision I ever made Renee salas checked me in it was quick and she was one of the nicest people I have ever met. Also met owner Rick Pollock had a great conversation. They made me feel at ease and right at home. Will stay again!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

Very pretty grounds and hotel. Comfy bed with soft comforter and pillows. Quasi sketchy area at night. Bathroom floor was dirty (scuffed). No shower door = cold air during shower and avoiding water while getting the temperature right. Room TV mounted on the wall, so can't swivel watch while working at the desk. Only has blackout shades, so it's all or nothing. Very expensive breakfast. Very small parking spots. Not a great value.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Dan B
Reviewed 27 August 2015

This hotel is right on the waterfront as the name implies. It is next to the baseball stadium and walking distance to downtown attractions. It has a restaurant in the hotel and it is nicely appointed. We had a king bed room which was a little tight. Just make sure you go to this place with someone you are fond of.

The only thing in my room, #442, that was a little tacky was the repair to the grout on bathroom vanity. Everything looked so high end, except that. It was so out of place in the nice hotel. It looked really bad. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay.

1  Thank Barbara S