“Good Choice!”

Midgley's Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Midgley's Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 593 Restaurants in Stockton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We went last night and had a wonderful time. Ate outside and with their heaters it was great. Our waiter did a fabulous job and I'm so sorry I didn't get his name.
We had the avocado fries. Yes, they were different, but the flavor is in the sauce. It was too spicy for my friend. I liked it. It would have been better with three smaller sauces with different levels of heat.
I had the half rack of lamb. Good taste and cooked perfectly. My friend had the salmon. He said it was cooked perfectly too and he is hard to please. Salmon over cooked can happen so quickly. I tasted it and it was moist and had great flavor. Recommended you give thus place a try.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, delicious food, very pricey. A little disappointing, we went on the web site. Apparently it was old. We saw that they had a lobster corn dog and a prime rib pot pie. When we ordered the lobster corn dog and the prime rib pot pie we were disappointed to be told they don’t have these items available. But they did have this killer burger. If you don’t have deep pockets don’t take a date there.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Stopped by on a Sunday early evening for a 3 for $30 special of Caesar Salad, Garlic Mussels over Fries, and Caramel Cheesecake. Great deal, delicious food. Add in a happy hour beer and perfect. The garlic mussels over the fries had so much flavor. Took the cheesecake to go since cheesecake is not my thing and gave it away. Cons: Caesar dressing tasted more like blue cheese dressing. Wish the 3 for $30 didn't come with cheesecake so often. Definitely coming back.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Midgley's has wonderful atmosphere and fantastic food! The staff is always very polite and friendly. Outdoor dinning is fun if the weather is warm. Great wine selection and pricing is in the medium range. Will dine there again soon.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

The staff here is very accommodating for lunch. You can have the dinner menu during lunchtime. The San Joaquin Magazine burger is an absolute must-have. Seating was great. Very timely. Drink orders were a little slow, but the food made up for the waiting. Great part of town...it's Stockton. I shall be back.