“Do not make the same mistake as us...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stinson Beach
Stinson Beach Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stinson Beach
Reviewed 24 July 2017

I booked 3 nights at this motel months ahead of time. My husband and I just needed a budget place to rest our bodies in between hiking and running on Mt. Tam. We were not expecting the Hilton but we WERE expecting something safe.

This motel is EXTREMELY unsafe.

1. There were no batteries in the smoke alarm.
2. There was no knob on the bathroom door, but there was a note taped to it that said not to close it or it will be locked.
3. The bathroom window was wide open (no screen) so there were mosquitoes in our room.

Now, let's talk about the proprietor. When I went to open the office door and check in, he only opened the door halfway. He gave me a really funny feeling, so much so that I told my husband to stop unloading the car and come with me as the proprietor showed me the room. He gave me the creepiest feeling ever.

We were in the room just 20 min when due to the items listed above, we decided we couldn't stay there. We only got $90 back but at least we are alive. We took pictures of the smoke alarm, bathroom door, and open window so we can report the establishment to the dept. of health. No one should be staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: I would have felt safer sleeping on the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Manager very unprofessional, rude. The room was full of spiders. I killed at least 5. I have stayed here many times over the years. The owners have let it go to hell. Never again. I got my money back and split.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2016

Unfortunately not a very good impression, poorly furnished a very small room and very much in need of refurbishment. We actually asked for our money back we were so unimpressed. The towels were not washed and the impression was shabby to say the least.

Room Tip: The chalet we had was of a poor standard
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2016

I am only giving this motel one star for the location, if it wasn't for the walking distance to beach and restaurants, it would be a zero rating. I arrived with my family to be greeted by a grouchy front desk representative/live-in manager who was unprofessional and rude. The entire property smelled like propane, almost as though it would blow up at any moment. We were told that was just how it was. The cottages were filthy, so much I wouldn't let my young child touch the ground and the bathrooms were gross. The second night we were there, there was no hot water, as well as the following morning. I went and ask the front desk and was told, "yeah, we are out of propane." UNBELIEVEABLE! I worked on contacting the owner for 3 weeks to request compensation and she initially said $40 discount, but I talked her up to $80, considering we had two rooms for two nights and paid $800.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank GlobetrotterKM
Reviewed 28 July 2016

Hotel is in a great location with a very bad sewage smell problem. Although clean and near beach, the room smells like a sewer, and not just a little, but as if the pipe fed right into the room, even with the windows open.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
14.8 km away
Hotel Sausalito
Hotel Sausalito
#4 of 4 in Sausalito

Been to Stinson Beach Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK