I booked 3 nights at this motel months ahead of time. My husband and I just needed a budget place to rest our bodies in between hiking and running on Mt. Tam. We were not expecting the Hilton but we WERE expecting something safe.
This motel is EXTREMELY unsafe.
1. There were no batteries in the smoke alarm.
2. There was no knob on the bathroom door, but there was a note taped to it that said not to close it or it will be locked.
3. The bathroom window was wide open (no screen) so there were mosquitoes in our room.
Now, let's talk about the proprietor. When I went to open the office door and check in, he only opened the door halfway. He gave me a really funny feeling, so much so that I told my husband to stop unloading the car and come with me as the proprietor showed me the room. He gave me the creepiest feeling ever.
We were in the room just 20 min when due to the items listed above, we decided we couldn't stay there. We only got $90 back but at least we are alive. We took pictures of the smoke alarm, bathroom door, and open window so we can report the establishment to the dept. of health. No one should be staying at this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Stinson Beach Hotel Stinson Beach