“Excellent”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Miller
Transit: Sam Trans, Cal Train
Reviewed 30 September 2018

After a month of bar food we stumbled across Bertolucci's while trying to find somewhere to eat before flying out the next day and I must say we were delighted with this find. The food was delicious, the service was excellent and overall this was the best eats we had on our holiday. I would certainly recommend Bertolucci's to anyone who was looking for food in South San Francisco.

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Took our extended family to dinner on 9/24/18. Seemed perfect as our guests had a 9:00 pm flight at SFO. Their car was filled with their luggage, making a tempting target for a break-in. Luckily, Bertolucci’s has a private parking lot. Unluckily, it was full. We parked in the only secure spot, directly in front of the restaurant, occupying half of a large loading zone.
Nice dinner, as usual. But as we were finishing up, our waiter came by to tell us we needed to move our car. We asked if it would be ok to wait until we finished eating, and he checked with the owner, but came back to tell us we needed to move it immediately. We asked again, and the owner came to our table. We explained we would be finished and out in five minutes, but the owner said we were “breaking the rules” and needed to move our car immediately. One of our party got up to move our car, and has he did so, a woman berated at him for “parking like an a—hole”. She turned out to be the owner’s wife, who wanted to use the space herself. I spoke with the owner and asked if he thought it was appropriate to speak that way to a customer. His reply - “she didn’t call him an a—hole, she just said he parked like an a—hole”. I asked him if there was really a difference, but it was a lost cause. We paid and left immediately. I did ask the maitre d if the owner was always like this, and he quietly told me, “only when you break the rules”. Understatement! Cross this one off our list.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Cute, very quaint place that's been around for almost a century. Crowded. Good Italian food but not phenomenal. Thought that Buon Gusto around the corner was better. Good service. Decent wine list. About $50pp before tip but with liquor. Would go back.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Restaurant was recommended by the hotel staff. It was convenient uber ride from hotel near airport. Friendly staff but just okay food. We asked for split checks because we are traveling for business but they refused to do separate checks which is surprising with today’s computer technology
The bread on the table along with chilled bottle water was nice and convenient. I had the capriese salad and my co worker had the house. The tomatoes were just barely okay however the mozzarella was nice. My entree was the pasta with shrimp mushrooms and arugula. It was tasty but could have used more argula My coworker had the chicken Marsala house special.
To sum it up—food was okay but for the price I would have expected better. I would not go back again

Reviewed 1 August 2018

We went on the 27th. There were seven of us. It has been forty years since we were there last. Because we were entertaining guests from Poland who were staying nearby for the marathon it seemed like a good choice. I was embarrassed by the quality of both the food and the service. Two veal dishes were tough and flavorless. Polenta tasted like cream of wheat breakfast food? Soup was a messy bowl of overdone vegetables. Same overdone vegetables as on the entrees. And not any better. Only saw our waitress at the beginning and at the end of the meal. It was very warm and then they opened the door which seemed like an afterthought. Just an unpleasant experience. Really disappointed because of the reviews that we saw. Not ever going back!