“Classic Italian does not disappoint”

Sodini's Bertolucci's
Cross street: Miller
Transit: Sam Trans, Cal Train
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

We visited with a family group of 7 on a weekend evening. We did have reservations and were seated and served promptly. Our party (including someone with some dietary needs) ordered a variety of items from the lengthy menu. Everyone seemed to like their choices. Of particular note were the caprese salad (appetizer), clam & linguine entree, meat filled ravioli with marinara, veal parmesan and eggplant casserole. Our table also enjoyed several desserts: a beautiful berry tart with a Chantilly cream layer and an abragato (yummy vanilla bean ice cream served in a medium sized glass tumbler with espresso and whipped cream on top) were two of them. A very minor nitpick - their parmesan cheese was the pre-grated type just put out in a small bowl for the table; we would have appreciated the freshness of on-the-spot shaving. Overall we really liked this traditional establishment.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Family Thanksgiving dinner involving a lot of folks. Service was outstanding. Unlike a lot of restaurants on a holiday, you could order off the regular menu so prices are more than reasonable. Food was not quite as good as I recall from previous visits but then again I did not not order Italian. The larger rooms tend to be a bit noisy but our group certainly contributed to that.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

For several years now we have been given a generous gift certificate to Soldini's Bertolucchi's for Thanksgiving dinner. Several months ago a reservation was made, confirmed and we arrived with great expectations for another lovely dining experience. Arriving on time, we were led to the sports bar area, seated at an informally appointed table in a very busy noisy bar atmosphere, (Other tables were available elsewhere in the restaurant.) Choosing to not make a fuss, we settled in had a nice dinner with a delightful server: Diego. But, this was not the holiday, special dining experience we anticipated. Leaving I decided to express my disappointment to the "manager", who basically blew me off!!!! He was totally indifferent to our disappointing experience, and expressed that we could "take it or leave it" as this was the holiday and "you take what you get!" This is their policy. Never again! Such a disappointment!

1  Thank pronto101
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We ate here on our last day in SF. It was close to our airport hotel. You can find all of the classic Italian dishes with a great staff. The portions are large and we wished that we had shared an entire and a salad. Good stuff.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

This place has been here for years and is very popular. I've been here twice within the last few months and not impressed. It's nice inside and we had no trouble with service. The antepasta platter is pretty nice. The warm bread and pizza is good. Last time we the Caesar salad and was just ok. We had the sole which was not all that great. This time we had minestrone which was watery, too much zucchini, and under flavored until I dumped anothe few tablespoons of Parmesan on it. It was also just warm not hot. I got a pizza. This was huge and a rather doughy affair. Not great. The chocolate praline was very good. My husband had the penne with shrimp and he was likewise underwhelmed. Now I know why our friends just order the burger. Hope they don't want to go there again. I'd rather go to Macaroni Grill which would be a huge improvement.