“Good Service, Good Food & Drinks”
Review of The Brass Elephant

The Brass Elephant
Reviewed 19 August 2017

We came in late after work on a Thursday night, had to be up early for a Friday Morning Flight, so to have a restaurant in the hotel was so convenient. They were getting ready to close and we knew our waitress was as tired as we were, she agreed to stay, put our order in to the cook that was probably just as tired. We ordered the fettuccine and it was large enough to share, it had garlic bread with it and all had great flavor! She brought us our drinks and never once made us feel rushed. We will definitely keep this in mind when we are booking our rooms next time, just knowing we can eat right here and get a great nights sleep and shuttle service too! Truly a full service hotel with exceptional service by all the staff!

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

I ordered room service from the restaurant. I bought the $26 New York strip steak. It was awful very chewy cooked wrong it wasn't worth five dollars.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful meal and a bottle of wine at this establishment while staying at the Best Western. The food was good, even if I didn't get what I ordered. Oops, ordered a Top Sirloin and was served Prime Rib. Luckily I'm a big fan of Prime Rib. Food was good and tasty. they also have good apps. In addition they have a bar inside the restaurant and you can eat there as well. Overall a good place to have a nice meal while travelling.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

The Brass Elephant" is very confusing. We read on line and were told by the hotel front desk that it was "upscale". Several websites described it as "fine dining". Not sure where the authors of these narratives have been dining but there is no way anyone could describe the Brass Elephant as "Fine Dining". Which is good! It would be entirely out of place. Also, the prices were not that of "fine dining". Don't get me wrong, it was ok. Pretty good in fact. $15 a plate, fairly mundane menu. We spent the previous night at The Top Of The Mark on Knob Hill. That is fine dining with a price to match. Actually the Brass Elephant is what you should expect for this hotel. But don't go here thinking it is "upscale" please.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

I ordered take out to go up to the room. Very slow service and didn't seem exceptionally busy. Only ordered 2 club sandwiches. Mine was the vegetarian club, supposed to be with Italian dressing...wasn't. Ordered fruit instead of fries but got fries. Dessert was a piece of cheesecake that was outrageously small for $6. Food was good but would not choose this place a 2nd time.