Thai Satay
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Linden Ave.
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

The green duck curry was very delicious. The spice level was mild to medium, not bad at all. The pineapple was a nice surprise and added a light sweet note. We also had the red curry which was very nice too.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We were going to eat in our hotel but decided to go out and finish a good day. We asked at reception about a good place locally to eat and they recommended Grand Avenue as it has lots of restaurants and free street parking on a Sunday.
There are plenty of restaurants on Grand Avenue, basically something for everyone.

We spotted Thai Satay and liked the appearance, so we got parking and walked back. It’s a bright large restaurant. We were greeted and seated promptly. They were busy and there was a delay taking our order. The food was excellent and after our order was taken, food delivery was quick, perhaps too quick, just as we started out satay combination starter when they delivered the main course to our table.
Prices were very good including a glass of red wine for $4.95. The satay combination was very tasty, loved their sauce. For mains I had a yellow beef curry and my wife had babycorn beef with broccoli, carrot and onion. Both were excellent and we shared their special creme brûlée for dessert, total bill $53.00 plus tip. I was amazed at the value.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Delicious thai food at reasonable price. Wide variety of food in the menu. Great for families and group dining.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I have been here many times. It can be a different experience depending on the time of day and who is on shift, but the food has always been good, people friendly. I only had one experience where I had to wait a little long for someone to take my order, but other than that it is usually a positive experience.

I traveled for business last week, and went there three times. I had a good experience each time. I found the lunch menu had a lot of the same items, as the dinner, for much less than the dinner menu. I had ordered the pineapple fried rice for lunch, the waiter brought out a small salad, and a really good cup of coconut veggie soup. The portion size was the same as the dinner.

1  Thank 452gabriellet
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Great neighborhood restaurant, which is loved by all the locals (of all nationalities). Nice ambiance, lots of tables, TV's, bar, and windows which look out from it's corner location. Street parking not very difficult. Many lunch specials. You can either dine in, pick up take out, or have food delivered to you via Eat24. You determine how spicy you want your food. Medium is pretty tangy for me, since you'll feel the burn. Our favorites include the spring rolls (2 per order), papaya salad, pad thai, eggplant, and any of the curry dishes. Always generous servings, and they pack all your food very well for pick-up or delivery. For wonderful Thai food when in South San Francisco, this is the place to be!