All reviewswaffleshot tubsan franciscoroom was cleanlight sleeperfree breakfastper nightconnecting flightwould stay here againmorning flightmini fridgefreewaysfoairportcourtyardcerealcons
Reviewed 10 November 2017

It was a reasonably comfortable place to stay, but it wasn't great. I would give it 3.5 stars. The rooms were definitely adequate. The layout of the hotel is confusing and the parking spaces are very small. They charge about $6.80 per day for parking which seems a little greedy for this level of hotel. I noticed the distinct smell of smoke in our room even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. It is hard to say to much positive about this hotel. The smell of previous smokers in the room was a big negative though. Another negative was the noise. There is a railroad line right next to hotel and it turns out freight trains are quite noisy!!! The beds and bathroom were adequate. I would stay there again if desperate, but I wouldn't look forward to it.

Room Tip: Away from the freight trains
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
sfosuites, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding you recent stay at our hotel. I apologize if our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Parking fee's are common in popular travel destinations like ours and we don charge some of the lowest rates in the Bay Area. All of our rooms are smoke free and all guest are made aware of this when checking in. All guest acknowledge the no-smoking clause and $250.00 fee to clean rooms that were smoked in. Although we cannot control the actions of our guest, we do try to discourage behavior that violates the comfort of another guest. Please accept my apologies. It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I stayed here with my boyfriend and wanted to travel San Francisco area OCt31-Nov 5.. I had read reviews and was skeptical on how I would feel being in an "industrial" area. This was an AMAZING hotel. Yes, there is a train that rolls by, but the rooms were still pretty quiet. The room was immaculately clean, and there was even (slightly expensive) room service that was great. The hotel is two minutes away from the downtown area of South San Francisco, and was really convenient. It was a 20ish minute drive to the Golden Gate bridge, and really easy to get anywhere in the city. It was 5 minutes from the airport which was also a great addition (specially when you have a morning flight) There was an AWESOME shopping mall nearby as well that had everything including a theatre. Which was awesome because I didn't want to worry about parking (and the car) in the city when just wanting a quiet night out. The service was extremely friendly. The breakfast was good. Overall it was a great time. Don't let the sound of "industrial" and "traintracks" through you off. This is the place I am staying next time we go to SF!

Room Tip: I stayed right above the lobby (which was close to train tracks) and was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank justessjacobson

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, we are off the beaten path, so to speak, but the location is convenient for travelers not familiar with the Bay Area. The train service had direct lines to San Francisco while downtown South San Francisco is a 10 minute walk with a dozen restaurants to choose from. It was refreshing to read your comments considering how the words 'industrial' and 'train tracks' may throw potential guests off. I thank you for consideration you have given us. It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We stayed here on Oct 18 & 19 to see San Fransico and then went up Oregon coast up Highway 1. Came back her for another night before we left out of San Fransico. Both stays were great. Dole was so sweet to us and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. Rooms were large and clean! Would recommend highly!!! Great shuttle to airport back and forth many times to ride Bart. Runs every 30 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for courtyard as outside room was a little noisy from Caltrain so we asked to be moved inward and that worked great!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017

My family and I have stayed at this hotel twice- both times the night before an early SFO flight.

The first time was great. Close proximity to SFO, Quick check-in, quiet room, clean sheets and surprisingly- king size beds. I have never seen king-size beds at a hotel or motel. We were impressed.

The second time was not good. We booked a room, "parking area view" room which was $10 less than the other room available, "courtyard view." I thought we would be dealing with car or highway noises. The room faces train tracks that BART and freight trains use which means honking and wheel screeching until about midnight. Pay the extra $ and get the courtyard view.

The big negative was the stained sheets and top cover. The flat sheet had dark red/brown stains on the visible part. The top white cover had pale pink stains like watermelon or something. It was disgusting. No we didn't ask to change rooms- just removed the sheet/covers.

The free breakfast was very good- hot and plentiful. Easy checkout.

Room Tip: Choose courtyard view room or bring earplugs and goto bed after midnight
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
sfosuites, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of the entire team here, I apologize if our hotel did not live up to your expectations. I thank you for alerting our staff about your sheets and bedding , which gave us the opportunity to address and ensure your satisfaction. Yes, we do have rooms that face a train station across the street from our hotel. This station also has direct service to downtown San Francisco for less than four dollars. Our proximity to major highways and San Francisco airport are an advantage for travelers not familiar to the Bay Area. Again, I apologize for any inconveniences you endured during your stay. Please consider giving us another opportunity to experience a superior experience during a future visit. Thank you and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Good location to the airport, and there is a Shell gas station on the way from the motel to the car rental return at the airport. Breakfast was good, even the coffee! Outside noise a problem, it would be nice if there was an option to run just the fan continuously on the heating/air conditioning unit. Clean, spacious room, polite staff.

Stayed: October 2017
sfosuites, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Sarah, thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast, many of our guest share similar thoughts concerning the meal. Yes, between the trains, the planes and the highway, noise can be a problem. I apologize for any inconvenience you endured during your recent stay. Please consider giving us another opportunity to offer a superior experience during a future visit. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.