“Terrible location a vacation to San Francisco”

Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was recommended by a representative during a chat conversation. I was debating between this and other hotel more close to downtown San Francisco. I have stayed for five nights and I was not advised the hotel was in an industrial zone, far from main attractions in San Francisco. I have had to spend a great deal of money in transportation throughout my stay. Even to have breakfast, we would have to request an Uber. I was told this hotel was remodeled recently and that such remodel costed millions of dollars. I have found the hotel was very modest with a low-end cafeteria/restaurant. We have reported a problem with the shower head three times during our stay without success. The water pressure in the bath was very strong that would hurt the skin; it was far from a pleasant experience. I feel the sales representative on the other end of my chat conversation was more focused on closing the sale than ensuring my satisfaction. Location is terrible if a person is planning on visiting San Francisco for leisure. Although I have mentioned to the sales representative this was a special occasion trip, I was led to believe this was a great hotel. The resulting experience was highly disappointing. Overall, I have never felt a distinction for being a Hilton Honors Club member.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
loganwolverton, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear albertoh669,

Thank you for providing feedback of your stay with us. I do hope you had an enjoyable time in the Bay Area, but apologize that you had opportunities during your stay. We hope you'll give us another chance and stay with us again on your next trip to San Francisco!

Logan Wolverton

Reviewed 1 week ago

Exceptionally clean room! Housekeeping even vacuums UNDER the beds(something other hotels don't do). The staff is extremely friendly and positive, and they never hesitated to go out of their way to make our stay perfect. The kitchen is also superior to other hotels. Great food with wonderful service! Best value we've found!!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
General M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much, we are thrilled that you had such a great time! I know I speak for my entire team when I say that your review reaffirms why we are in this business. We take pride in providing exceptionally clean rooms. Please let us know when you are returning so that we may provide you another great stay!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We really enjoyed our stay here! The front desk was so amazingly friendly. We called to say we would be late and the front desk agent was very nice and assured us our room was waiting for us. Great service and it was Thanksgiving when I'm sure no one wants to work. The room was clean and big, the breakfast was good. Very satisfied with my stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Courtney, Thank you for taking time to share such wonderful feedback from your recent stay. Service is the core of everything we do here and I thank you for taking the time to thank our staff for the level of service they provided you. I'm so glad to read you enjoyed your stay and welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Good hotel close to airport. Not that far from DT San Francisco if you are thinking about making this your SF hotel. There are few dining options close to the hotel but their dining is pretty good if not a great value.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay. We are happy to see you enjoyed the location. We look forward that you will choose to stay with us again soon and have a five star experience.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We love staying at the Hilton in So. San Francisco, if we have a really early flight the next morning. Very nice room and staff, and the shuttle is right on time to take us to the airport. No having to get up reeeeally early and then having to leave super early in case of traffic. It's a very nice relaxing way to start a trip!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
General M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Magdalena, We work to provide our guests with an excellent experience, and I’m happy to see we were able to achieve this for you. It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope you will continue to use our facility whenever you are in the San Francisco area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
0.3 km away
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
1.9 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
1.7 km away
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
0.4 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Fra...
#10 of 28 in South San Francisco
1 km away
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/...
#6 of 28 in South San Francisco
5.6 km away
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK