I've spent 36 nights here this year, hosting business meetings over 4 days, and typically spend at least 12 nights a year here. We've been holding such meetings at this property since 2010, so that should give you some indication of what we think of the hotel and its employees.
There is low turnover of the staff (as opposed to the management). The staff is courteous and professional and they will go the extra mile for you if asked without question and pleasantly.
Breakfast is good with plenty of cook to order options. Standard HGI fare at the restaurant. They do not serve lunch unless you are catering with them for an event. Restaurant is pretty quiet for the all of the traffic it gets.
Rooms are quiet and clean. I will say that they did get rid of their pool and their jacuzzi though for an additional conference room. There are plenty of jacuzzi rooms, but they are on the higher floors. There are plenty of tourists that stay at this hotel.
The two conference room areas are nice and spacious.
They have an airport shuttle. However, this is the only place they go with it. If you want a different meal from the hotel or the food pantry, you will need to walk at least 10 minutes or drive somewhere. If you will cross the 101, there are some really great restaurants in main area of SSF. That's probably a 15-20 minute walk.
The surrounding area is nice though, and is open. As a single male anyway, I've always felt safe even after 10PM at night.
To me, the real strength of the hotel is its rank and file staff. Like I said, low turnover, courteous, attentive, and flat out good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North is conveniently located off highway 101, just two miles from San Francisco International Airport (SFO), and provides easy access north to San Francisco and south to Silicon Valley. Travelers appreciate the complimentary shuttle service to SFO airport, and the nearby BART and CalTrain stations that connect you to the area's top destinations including AT&T Park, the Cow Palace, and Candlestick Park. This hotel provides the service and amenities to make it one of the top San Francisco Airport hotels by offering renovated guest rooms with free WiFi, Hilton's signature Garden Sleep System(R) bedding, flat-screen HD TVs, and in-room microwaves and mini-fridges. Guests also appreciate the onsite restaurant, the Great American Grille, which serves up a delicious combination of American favorites for breakfast and dinner. The brand new meeting rooms also offer the perfect place to conduct your next San Francisco business meeting, and provide flexible meeting space with complimentary WiFi, state-of-the-art A/V equipment, and a maximum capacity of 100 people. Choose the newly-renovated Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North, and enjoy the terrific location with modern amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Hotel South San Francisco
- Hilton South San Francisco
- South San Francisco Hilton