“great hotel great price”
Review of Hotel V

Hotel V
Reviewed 15 October 2009

After reading the negative reviews and seeing the pictures of this hotel I really was not expectimg much. When we arrived at the hotel i was really surprised. Everything in the room was updated and the service was good. We paid less then $50 dollars a night and it was well worth it. I would stay here again. The drive into San Francisco is aout 15 mins, but that did not bother us. Over all I was really happy.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
alondra_vazquez, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel V, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay! I am glad to hear that you got the best bang for your buck! We hope to see you again on your next trip to San Fransico!

- Vicky Patel , Guest Services Rep.

Reviewed 20 September 2009

handy for accessing downtown and close to good restaurant. friendly staff. only downside was tv remote didn't work and wasn't fixed.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay! We hope to see you again on your next trip to San Fransico!

- Vicky Patel , Guest Services Rep.

Reviewed 26 June 2009

There are several lower end chains in the vicinlty of the airport. We drove past them ALL. Some look pretty bad, some almost looked like they were rent by the hour type places. This hotel was wonderful, good price, clean room and 10 minutes from the rental car return.

If you want or need pampered pass this place by, if simply need a place to flop for the night near the airport, this is great find.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2009

This a no frills place, but quite adequate. Hubby and I got to spend our money in san francisco having fun instead of paying a lot for a place where we just laid our heads. I mean, san francisco is a great place (my first visit!) and spendiing time in your room is a waste of time. We got just what we wanted: good value, no frills , ok location, adequate continental breakfast, comfy bed, and polite staff. A great value for a quick trip to the city.
We saved a bit of money by eating in our room-had microwave and fridge.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2008

Recently, my dad visited California and stayed at this Howard Johnson. During his stay at the above hotel,a hispanic man at the front desk (whose name is unknown to me)behaved in an outrageously rude and harsh manner when he requested a bottle of water. The man was sitting infront of a computer monitor browsing through a photo album (and clearly not doing any official work). My father approached him in a friendly manner and asked him where he could find a bottle of mineral water and he told him it was not available without bothering to get up from his chair or even look up. Seeing how this man was completely ignoring him my dad told him his behavior was rude and asked him for his name. He replied, "I don't tell my name to people like you." Taken aback, shocked and humiliated, my dad then asked him how he could behave like that with guests being the front desk agent at a hotel. At this the man's anger triple-folded and he burst out thumping his right hand repeatedly on the counter yelling, "Man you deserve behavior like this. Do you know I can call the police and cancel your reservation?." My dad told him to call the police and that he would complain to the manager. Anways, it's a good thing that my dad was leaving that day anyway.

Keep in mind my dad is a senior citizen, visiting from out of country and travelling to California for the first time. He is normally a very couteous, calm and patient man. I am enraged that his frist trip to CA was partially spoilt by encountering such terrible rude service from the staff at this Inn. The previous week he had stayed at the Westin with my unlce who was there on a conference. After my uncle left he decided to move to a cheaper hotel since he was travelling alone. Previously, he and my mom has stayed at other Howard Johnson Hotels' and received decent service and he was not expecting anything less this time.

Anways, to end the story- the bottom line is that when my father complained about the matter to the manager, Mr. D.P. Rishi, who absolutely ignored the ill-behavior towards my dad. It's unbelieveable how the manger of the hotel/ Inn could indulge in such rude behavior of the employee. We have formally lodged a complaint and wanted to let all travellers know to stay away from this INN because of horrendous customer service. My father has travelled a lot around the world (India, Nepal, HongKong, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, London to name a few) and stayed at the best hotels. He has also stayed at other Howard Johnson Hotels many times in various states. However, this is the first time he has ever encountered such horrendous behavior. Just a note of warning to other travellers so they know what to expect from this Inn.

The room itself was okay. The location was great. The carpet was worn out and has some stains in it. Also, the bathroom was really small, looked like they ha dnot cleaned it properly and the floor was wet.

On a positive note, my dad found California to be absolutely gorgeous! His overall experience touring around the state was very pleasant. He also visited LA and stayed at the Howard Johnson there and the staff there treated him well.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank BushraA
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
0.7 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#16 of 28 in South San Francisco
0.6 km away
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
1.2 km away
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#5 of 28 in South San Francisco
4.6 km away
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
0.2 km away
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl...
#14 of 28 in South San Francisco
0.1 km away
Four Points By Sheraton San Francisco Airport
Four Points By Sheraton San Fran...
#15 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Hotel V? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK